In preparation for the BBL, I notice a lot of patients purchasing Benadryl. Why is this necessary and is there a substitute?

Benadryl for BBL

+1
Every plastic surgeon has his or her own way of taking care patients. Benadryl can be used for a sleep aid or to combat a reaction from medication allergies. I do not use Benadryl routinely on any patient that I perform surgery on. Benadryl must have an indication for its use. I would ask your plastic surgeon of choice why he or she uses Benadryl.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

+1
I do not recommend this to patients on a routine basis.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

+1
Thank you for the question,

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

I don't adviser my patients to take Benadryl. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD