Brazilian Butt Lift and Latex Allergy?

have a severe latex allergy, I get paralyzed from the waist down and its hard for me to breathe, What precautions do I have to take when finding a doctor to do my BBL? I am concerned with choosing a doctor in the States or Dominican Republic, I am still considering which Doctor to choose? What info do I need regarding the latex allergy and surgery, thanks in advance!

Latex allergy and BBL

+2

If you share with your doctor about this condition, then all of the proper arrangements should be taken: ALL latex free devices (urinary catheter, gloves) have to be used with you and of course a whole team of experts to take care of you just in case of any problem.

You will be perfect under the perfect hands.

Have a wonderful journey and enjoy your results.

Dr. Cardenas

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Latex Allergy

+2

Surgery is done routinely on patients with latex allergy.

You need to tell your doctor that you have latex allergy. This will be taken in consideration when you are scheduled for surgery. Your surgery should be done in the hospital and they will use every thing needed that is latex free.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Brazilian Butt Lift and Latex Allergy?

+1

You will need a completely latex free environment.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Latex Allergy & BBL

+1
Given the severity of your allergy it is recommended that you have your elective procedure in the US in a hospital. As you are aware this allergy can be life threatening. Latex free protocols are common in accredited US hospitals. Further if there is an unknown exposure, you would be in a setting prepared to address your safety. If proper precautions are taken you can have a BBL safely with a latex allergy. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Butt augmentation and latex allergy

+1

Dear revamp me,

Let me relate to the 2 issues that you bring up. Latex allergy. As you know it is allergy to rubber, so you have to avoid exposure to it. Complete elimination of rubber is difficult, but there are few things that can be done. Your surgery should be scheduled first thing in the morning to reduce the load of latex, use only latex free supplies, recieve Dexametason during surgery and Medrol dose pack after surgery, antihistamine during and after surgery. Most importantly, do your surgery in an accredited facility of the likes of AAAASF or hospital. As far as BBL, you have to consider the fact that the injected fat to the butts, will disappear within 6 - 12 months. This is based on many patients who came to my surgery center to have butt implants after having fat injection to the butts by other surgeons. Your best option is butt implants, because they do not disappear and can be made to the size and shape of your desire. Think about it, if fat injection was reliable, breast implants would have disappeared from the market... Consult with board certified plasticsurgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery. Check the before and after to make sure that you like the results.

Dr Widder

,

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon