Age 25: Considering Small Cheek Implant or Mid/lower Facelift? (photo)

I'm debating between procedures to improve my cheeks. Now that my baby fat is gone, my cheeks look a bit deflated, my cheek bones look flat from the profile view, and my under eyes are more hallow than I would like. I've improved these issues a bit with 4 viles of sculptra, and juvederm in the tear troughs, but the lower cheeks are still a bit saggy and my cheek bones could be stronger. I'm considering small cheek implants or a mini-lift. What do you recommend?

Cheek implant or mid/lower facelift?

+1

I would not recommend any sort of lift for you, as sagging skin is not your problem and would not be expected to be at age 25.  You could use additional volume to your mid cheek area and this could be accomplished with further Sculptra treatments or with surgically placed implants.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implant vs Cheek Lift

+1

You will achieve very little with a cheek lift in a 25 year old man. The cheeks are not sagging - you want to improve the contour and cheek projection with an implant

Facial Volume

+1

Facail volume restoration can be performed with Sculptra as well as with fat grafting.  Both are options that will age with the patient whereas there are pros and cons with facial implants because they do not age with the patient.  There are some nonoperative options for patients that desire some tightening of the skin without adding volume.  Venus Freeze is an option that can be used for this purpose.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation

+1

A small silastic malar or submalar implant is all that is needed to fill in the lower cheeks.  No midface lift at this age.  The implants are inserted thru a intra-oral incision, and placed over the maxilla.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.