Cc's Yay or Nay. . .will overfilling make a difference in size or feel?

I'm scheduled to get 450 cc saline implants here in a few days. Will overfilling to 500 or 550ccs Really Make a difference in Size or feel??

450, 500, 550 too big

+1

450 cc implants weigh approximately 1 lb.  You have not descibed whether they are being placed in front or behind the muscle.  Implant placed in front of the muscle will descend and larger implants (550) will descend more rapidly.  Large implants placed behind the muscle will extrude inferiorly and laterally and require revisions.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or bra size to give you more information that may be helpful.  However, 450 cc implants filled to 500 or 550 cc may be too large.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

450cc overfilled to 500 or 550 give different feel?

+1

450cc overfilled to 500cc not so much as this is just over 10%. It will just give a slightly rounder implant. But going from 450cc to 550cc is a significant difference and I think enough you would surely notice the difference. You can get an idea of the difference by trying a 450cc on one side and a 550cc on the other side. I think you get the best idea of the difference by putting the implants inside your bra in front of your breast and both feeling the extra weight and seeing the extra bulk. Most implant companies don't recommend over filling more than 50cc with smaller implants and I don't know any that suggest it's OK to overfill 100ccs. Check with your implant company to be sure. Overfilling 100cc will give you an implant with a firmer feel and a more round configuration that might feel less natural to you.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant fill and feel

+1

Dear Toadie,

Unfortunately, it is difficult to answer your question completely, since we don't know your body size or habitus.  If you have enough breast tissue, that amount of fill may not significantly effect the size or feel of your breasts after surgery.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast implant "overfilling"

+1

I do not  consider it "overfilling" if the implant volume is taken up to the manufacturer's "maximum fill" volume, so, in your example, a 450 cc "plus" type implant (not "regular" and not "high profile" can be taken to 540 cc without it being considered "overfilled".  However, the closer you get to the maximal fill volume, the larger and harder it will be.  Whether or not that translates to a harder "feel" is based on how much breast tissue you have to begin with over the implant.  Also, the higher the volume, the "taller" it will be (more projection).  Best of luck to you. James E. Chappell, MD, FACS, Annapolis/Severna Park, Maryland

James E. Chappell, MD

Overfilling Saline Implants

+1

The implant companies have a recommended fill volume.  It is not recommended to overfill an implant.  Overfilling can cause firmness, and an unnatural feel.  Discuss these concerns with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I'm scheduled to get 450 cc saline implants here in a few days. Will overfilling to 500 or 550ccs Really Make a difference in Si

+1

Saline implants have a range of volumes from minimum to maximum.  I generally fill to the maximum to minimize rippling, but I typically do not overfill unless there is a compelling reason to do so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Overfilling Saline Breast Implants Consequences?

+1

Since you are asking for a yes or no answer, it is clear in my mind that overfilling and implant will increase breast size and firmness. In other words, the more a breast implant is filled, the less “soft” the results.  On the other hand, the more the implant is filled, the less  theoretical (at least) risk  for breast implant rippling.  Please remember that this  response is meant to be general in nature, and may not apply to you specifically.