I'm 5'4 and 160lbs with an Athletic Body and Want to Have a BBL? (photo)

I feel like my fat is evenly distributed but want to have a BBL. Can the fat be harvested from several areas on my body? I feel like my thighs are large but also have fat around my tummy and flanks and in my arms is that too many to harvest from? My end goal is to also have a mommy makeover. I have an appt with Dr. Salemy in Seattle in Oct. I have already lost 25lbs should I lose more? 1st 2 pics are from about 10lbs ago and the last one is my current weight, I also run at least 3x a wk.

Weight loss prior to surgery

+3

If you are considering liposuction or complete mommy makeover, you should try to have your weight at a stable level. That is if you want to loose weight, you should not loose weight just to have surgery. Try to be within 10 to 15 lbs of the weight you can maintain long term for best result. Certainly lipo can be performed on multiple areas and the fat harvested and used for BBL.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I am 5'4''and 160 pounds. Am I a candidate for the BBL?

+2

After reviewing your photos it appears that you would be a fine candidate for the BBL. You seem to have enough donor fat in the abdomen, hips and thighs, although the definitive decision can only be made at time of examination. I don't think that it is necessary for you to have to lose more weight, unless you wan to, although when you are eventually ready for the Mommy-makover it would be preferable to lose another 10-15 pounds. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian butt lift, am I a good candidate?

+2

Thank you for the photos. BBL is an autologous fat transfer procedure to reshape and increase projection of the buttocks. Most of the fat is harvested from your midsection and thighs to help define the true anatomic boundaries of your buttocks.I believe that this is the most important step in the procedure. The fat is then added to reshape, contour and increase the volume of the buttocks in 3 dimensions. This is not only a surgical process, but also an artistic endeavor. From the limited views that you provided, it looks that you have good elastic skin, which is important in skin tightening after fat harvesting. Obviously, an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in body contouring is a must.  I do not think that you need to loose any more weight, but remember that if you loose weight after the BBL, you will also loose volume from the buttocks. If you are considering a mommy makeover, I would also suggest a short scar breast lift. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

BBL

+2

The key to Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL) is having an ample supply of fat. From your photos it does appear that you are athletic and have enough fat for this procedure. I personally do a fairly aggressive liposuction when I am doing most of my BBL. Two reasons. One is that I need the fat. The other is that sculpting the rest of the body makes the newly augmented buttock look better. I think it is wise that you eventually are going to think about a definitive excisional operation such as a tummy tuck as a part of your mommy makeover. This will tighten the skin of the areas that have been harvested.

Best wishes to you.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

You  seem to have enough fat in the abdomen, love handles and back to give you a good result with body contouring and a Brazilian butt lift

+1
Thank you for your question .
You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift . Do you have a wish picture you can give us to give you a better answer?? 10-15 pounds should be enough of weight to loose.  The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Dont loose more weight.

+1

Seen your pics, you have enough fat for a brazilian butt lift. Maybe 600 to 800 cc of fat on each butt. You should have good results with a experienced brazilian butt lif surgeon.

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD

BBL Candidate

+1

I think you would do well with a BBL procedure.  The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

Without an exam, and a more careful review of your goals, I would never be comfortable giving you a definitive recommendation, but from the information and photos provided, it looks like you may be a great candidate for a BBL. 

Your best bet at this point is to visit a talented and experienced BBL surgeon for a consultation and exam.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS