Washing Face with Hydrogen Peroxide and Water After Active FX?

I just realized that the slight infected smell is coming from my cheeks and I can't reach my doctor right now--perhaps not for the whole weekend.

I just want to know: is it safe to wash my face with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water?

I'm concerned about possible scarring as a result of infection, but right now, aside from the persistent redness, everything looks the way my doctor described it.

Hydrogen peroxide may damage freshly lasered skin

+1

Hydrogen peroxide is too harsh too use on skin that's just been lasered. I suggest instead to use a dilute solution of white vinegar 1 part to 10 parts clean water, do a cool compress with that for 5 - 10 minutes 2 to 3 times a day. Call your doctor even if it the weekend to see if you need an antibiotic. If you can't reach your doctor then go to an urgent care center to see if you need an antibiotic.

Baltimore Dermatologist