Can I fix this nose bump without surgery somehow? (Photo)

I'm a 19 yr old girl and pretty much my whole life I've been self concious about my nose bump. I don't want a super dramatic change, I just want this nose bump to be less drastic looking. Any answers are appreciated :)

Bump on the nose

+1
Dear Bumpyroads30795,

You have two options to correct the bump on your nose. The first option is nonsurgical where a filler, such as Juvederm, is used to inject just above and below the hump to camouflage it. This nonsurgical option will last about a year to a year and a half.  This is an outpatient procedure done in the office that may take less than 15 minutes to do.A more permanent solution is to have a dorsal hump reduction. This is done under anesthesia and will take about an hour. For this option you will need about a week of recovery time. 

Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump removal

+1
The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be shaved down in order to permanently remove it. Injecting temporary fillers above or below the hump will only camouflage it, and make the nose bigger by adding volume to the nose. There have also been significant complications related to injections of material into the nose with a nonsurgical nose job, such as necrosis of the skin. For many examples of  closed rhinoplasty hump removal, please see  the link below

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs With Fillers Work Well For "Fixing" Nose Bumps At Any Age

+1
I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs (nonsurgical rhinoplasties) with volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse and Radiesse plus Perlane L (in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice and Radiesse plus Restylane SQ in my Israel satellite office) for well over a decade. As you can see from the before and after of my patient in the sidebar to this column, even pronounced nasal bridge bumps and humps can be "fixed" (more correctly, camouflaged) in a matter of usually no more than five minutes via injectable fillers for nonsurgical nose jobs. Touch ups may be needed every year to year and a half to maintain correction.

The most important thing is to be sure to consult with a board certified aesthetic core physician with extensive experience and expertise in performing nonsurgical nose jobs, and of course be sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Fixing nose bumps nonsurgically

+1
In my practice I am able to fix a lot of nose irregularities with fillers instead of surgery. Some procedures are very simple and take less than one minute to perform while others can be more detailed. All of the filler procedures can be done in the office with little local numbing or no numbing . The nose is an area with more blood vessels and it is important that your injecting physician understands the anatomy and how to manage any complications should they arise. 

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist