I have a keloid on the back of my head, lower neck. Its the size of a small grape & hard. What treatment would you recommend?

Keloid scar therapy

+1
The gold standard for keloid scar treatment is excision followed immediately by a series of radiation treatments.  After that, you may further benefit from the below information: 

Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home. Glad to help.

Keloid treatment in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in keloid treatment.  Most patients do well with topical application of Plato's Scar Serum; plus surgical excision and/or IIT, laser, and topical therapy. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Keloid Treatment

+1
You'll need to post a picture for us to give advice, there are many treatment options for keloids and it depends on the type, size, and location.  Best, Dr. Emer.