I Take Warfarin Due to Past History of DVTs?

I have had 3 DVT's over the past 30 years starting at age 25. I am now 61 and have been on coumadin (warfarin) therapy since 1997 to prevent DVT. If I get concurrence from my primary care physician, can I still have SmartLipo? I realize this means going off the warfarin for a period of time. I had to do this for a recent back surgery I had with no issues.

Smartlipo and History of DVTs

+1

If the smartlipo is pursued, I would not perform any liposuction procedure under general anesthesia for a person with your history of DVTs.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Candidate

+1

Being off coumadin is a risk for you. I have done complete face lifts in your situation but, the decision is between you and your primary physician.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD