Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift - Am I a Good Candidate?

Wanting to Get Rhinoplasty and a Lip Lift. Am I a good candidate? Is it possible to get them done together?

Lip lift and rhinoplasty

+2

A lip lift and rhinoplasty can definitely be done at the same time.  A rhinoplasty has many elements to it including the top of the nose as well as the tip and the width.  A lip lift requires an incision under the base of the nose which will fade and be inconspicuous with time.

Tal Raine MD FACS

Rhinoplasty and lip lift

+1

A lip lift operation will leave a scar across the entire base of the nose and we have found that to be unacceptable.  Many patients are unhappy about that incision.  Rhinoplasty is performed to address any refinement needs of the nose, including narrowing the nasal bones, the upper lateral cartilages, and narrowing the tip.  This can all be done through an endonasal or closed technique.  The rhinoplasty is usually performed under general anesthesia.  The nose can potentially be down rotated to give the elusion of a shorter upper lip.  

Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift

+1

A rhinoplasty will be benificial. I am not a fan of lip shortening because of the risk of a unfavorable scar, but as you can see from the responses posted here, some respected  colleagues do not agree. Lip augmentation will improve lip contour and camouflage the excessive length. I cannot be sure without a profile view, but discuss the possible need for a chin implant with your surgeon; if necessary, it would improve the entire lower 1/3 of your face.

Combination of Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift

+1

You have well-defined lips but the upper lip is relatively "tall". This lip height can be shortened by a lip lift. Your nose is crooked and has a wide tip - all in combination with prominent nostril show indicating slight over-rotation. This combination of anatomical features makes your rhinoplasty especially challenging (although there really is no "easy" rhinoplasty). Talk to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon - or better, talk to 2 or 3. Although the lip lift can certainly be combined with the rhinoplasty it can also be performed later as an office procedure.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and lip lift can be done together

+1

A lip lift is a procedure where a portion of skin is removed from under your nostril area. After the skin is closed, the effect is to pull up the red lip and gives you more lip show. Yuo have a very long upper lip and I think a lip lift is a good procedure to consider. If done correctly, the scar can be almost imperceptible, because it is hidden just under the nose. This procedure can be performed at the same time as your rhinoplasty, or as a separate procedure under local anesthesia.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and lip lift.

+1
You should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon since you have a bulbous tip and a short nose. Do not get a lip lift because it will leave a scar at your lip line. The other way to do it is with a scar under the nose which barely lifts the lip. Fat to make the red fuller is your best choice but should be done by an experienced surgeon using this technique.

Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift - Do I Need It?

+1

From your photograph it appears that your nose is deviated from the frontal view.  However there is little more that we can determine from the image you provided. However, if this is your major concern, then it is likely that rhinoplasty can be performed to straighten the nose. There are other techniques we can employ to refine the tip and adjust the width, but you would need a formal consultation for this.

As for the lip lift procedure (in contradistinction to the lip filler), I do not think the scarring is worth the potential benefit in your case. The scar runs along the entire length of the bottom of the nose and can be quite visible. Thus, the lip should truly "need" this procedure before you undertake it. This cannot be determined without an examination, but understand the consequences before you proceed.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty and "lip lift"

+1

I am not entirely sure what you mean by a "lip lift," but there are procedures designed to increase the size of the lips, or increase the amount of tooth show, or try to shorten the distance between the bottom of the nose and the Cupid's bow part of the central upper lip. While your frontal view photo is helpful, it would be important for you to see a board-certified plastic surgeon for an examination that includes an inspection of the inside of your nose, as well as profile views. You need to describe to the surgeon what you are looking for in terms of goals.

Most of these "lip lift" procedures can be done at the same time as a rhinoplasty.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon