Wanting a Reduction from my 34DDDD-E to a 34 B?

I consulted with a plastic surgeon & i was told he could not reduce them to a B. He said maybe a C but more likely a D. I do NOT want D. I am miserable enough & was a nice Bigger B, smaller C and was happy wtih that. Am i missing something? They took pictures at the office for the insurance but I do not have any to submit. I have only been this large for the past 5+ yrs & am not worried about nipple sensation. I have been a size B/C since i was 12-14 yrs old until I turned 40. I am currently also tuning up my nutrition and exercising to lose body fat & firm up my muscles. If I had been large breasted all my life I would have sought out a reduction years ago.

Breast reduction

+1

With breast reduction, it is important not to over reduce the breasts.  If tat occurs, they will not ave a nice shape. They will appear wide and flat.  Most plastic surgeons are aware of the risks of over reducing your breasts and it sounds like your surgeon is giving you good advice.

Breast reduction can give you B cup breasts.

+1

Hi.

This can be done easily.  You just want to make sure that it is wise.  After being so large, a B cup might be a shock.  I wold probably recommend a C cup.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Free Nipple Graft Technique for Large Breast Reduction

+1

You can achieve such a large breast reduction if the free nipple graft technique is used. With this approach, any amount of breast reduction can be done. The trade-off is that the nipple will have no feeling and you may lose some of the pigment of the nipple-areolar complexes.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

I use the free nipple graft technique for very large breast reductions

With this technique you can be as small as you wish

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction from very large to a "B"?

+1

In women with enormous breasts, it is extremely difficult to make them a "B" cup without doing a free nipple graft procedure. The reason being that in order for the skin flaps to survive and the breast pedicle of tissue with the nipple areola to survive, a certain thickness of tissue has to remain attached. The larger the breast the longer the breast pedicle the more tissue that has to remain.

Breast reduction size

+1

If you want a breast reduction from 34E to B, this may not be possible. It is because the blood supply of the nipple has to be preserved and if too much tissue is removed then the vessels supplying the nipple may also be damaged. This will lead to death of the nipple and lead to bad scarring. 

It may be possible however to go from a very large breast size to B cup if you are willing to undergo "free nipple grafting" in which the areola is removed, the breast is reduced, and areola is put back on as a skin graft. The down side is that it will cause permanent loss of feeling of the nipple and cause some color changes of the areola. 

James Motlagh, MD
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction to B Cup?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

It is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly.  The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.  

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient size goals.