I'm Wanting to Reduce the Bump on Bride of Nose? (photo)

Hi. I'm wanting to reduce the bump on the bridge of my nose. Its not a huge one - only noticeable from a certain angle. But I'm noticing it more and more as I age. I am just wondering....is there a big chance of this not being done correctly, or something going wrong? I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to surgery...I just have this fear that the end result will not be what I had hoped for and that I will look worse than before. Surely things can't go too wrong on this type of procedure, right?

Dorsal hump reduction during rhinoplasty

+1

The keys to achieving a result you are happy with is to do your research, find a qualified surgeon, and be clear in communicating your goals and desires with your surgeon.  With an experienced surgeon, making your nose beautiful should be straightforward.  

+1

Best is to see in person 3 boarded surgeons in your city to find the one you trust and feel comfortable with. 

Small bump on dorsum of nose

+1

Treating a small bump on the dorsum of the nose is fairly routine.  Reviewing exactly what you want during consultation will help alleviate some of your concerns.

Treating bump on bridge

+1

Rhinoplasty can be done to treat the bump on your bridge that you don't like. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon shouldn't have any problems treating this, but nose surgery in general is such where you do want to do your homework in selecting a surgeon.

An experienced surgeon should be able to use preoperative computer morphing to review what kind of changes are possible and make sure they are in line with your desires.

You can learn more about hump reduction at my link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Reducing bump

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Removal of Nasal Hump

+1

The key to successful removal of the hump on the bridge of your nose is to select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. There is little risk with this straightforward procedure. Carefully explain your goals to your surgeon.