Wanting to Know What's Best for my Figure, Interested in Liposuction of Abdomen and Flanks? (photo)

I am 22 years old, 5'7'' and 160lbs, thickest part of my abdomen is at navel level which is 36". I have always been unhappy with my figure/shape whether I be at my current weight, or the 135lbs I was right out of basic training. I don't know if I am too big, or if I would be a good candidate, but I would love some advice and maybe some quotes. For the right Surgeon, I would travel pretty far. My biggest concern is for the areas highlighted on both sides of my hips. Thank you for your time!

Liposuction of Abdomen and Flanks

+2

Given your age and the likely condition of your skin, I think that liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and back would give you a much improved result.  I could probably liposuction 5 liters out on you and make a quite impressive difference.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Wanting to Know What's Best for my Figure, Interested in Liposuction of Abdomen and Flanks?

+1

Although it may well be that liposuction is the best solution, I would make that recommendation only upon the finding at an in person examination. 

An the front view there is a suggestion of some overhanging of the skin beginning. That is one sign suggesting that your skin elasticity may not be satisfactory enough for liposuction--it is possible that some hanging skin would be the result. 

The other issue may be how much of the abdominal bulge is fat, and how much is lax abdominal wall. If the abdominal wall is a major part of the problem, removing fat alone may not be enough.

The other options would be a tummy tuck, probably with liposuction to the sides. Only an exam can lead to the proper recommendation. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

+1

Yes, but you need to reduce the fat inside your abdomen, consult about it.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Si, pero usted necesita reducir la grasa endo abdominal. 

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Without an exam it is hard to answer the question. In my past experience, liposuction alone helps patients who have not had children.They get a permanent fat removal and improvement in their contour. Seek an exam and consult from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

What to do

+1

Based on your photos, it looks like you have subcutaneous fat around your mid-abdomen.  Based on your age, it's a pretty good guess that your skin tone and elasticity would be satisfactory.  Based on that, liposuction would be likely to work for you quite well.  An in-person consultation would be needed to confirm these thoughts.  Keep on working with diet and exercise as well.

Liposuction

+1

Your main concerns can be addressed with liposuction and there are techniques today that can tighten tissue so post operative laxity will not be an issue.  Often I deploy several types of devices during the procedure to address various areas in different ways.  At your age the process should go quite smoothly and post maintenance will be as simple as maintaining your weight and a healthy lifestyle.  I will suggest that although you are willing to travel far for the surgery, post operative appointments will be required so multiple trips would be required and in a post operative state, may not be the optimum situation.  Find a good local plastic surgeon who is qualified to perform liposuction and has good reference ans experience with it.  Have a thorough consultation and once you feel confident all of your questions and concerns are answered, then proceed with their recommendations.

Good luck! 

+1

Yes you are a candidate for any type of liposuction. Best to see boarded PSs in your area. Fees range from #4,500 to $6,500. Good Luck. 

Liposuction of the abdomen and flanks makes such an amazing improvement in most patients.

+1

Liposuction would be an easy procedure to go through and make such a great improvement in your waist. Be sure to get it done by a lipo expert under local tumescent anesthesia with the micro canulas to get the best results. Expect to pay roughly $6000 on special and enjoy the new you. You are back to work in 2 days and in the gym in 1 week.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and abdomen and hips

+1

If you do not have significant abdominal muscle protrusion, then liposuction may be the best solution for you now. An exam in person is essential. Good luck.

Liposuction versus tummy tuck

+1

Since you are 22 years old and you are unhappy with your figure/shape even at your thinnest, I think liposuction of your abdomen and flanks ("love handles") is the procedure of choice for you. Liposuction is an excellent way to remove fat from problem areas like abdomen and "love handles", while a tummy tuck is necessary if you have excess skin or loose skin. At 22 yo, if you have not had massive weight loss or pregnancies, then you probably don't have enough loose skin or laxity to warrant a bigger surgery like a tummy tuck. Also, if you plan on having kids, it is a good idea to wait until after having kids to do a full tummy tuck. Regarding the type of liposuction, there are many different "brand names" that have been assigned to liposuction (Slim lipo, Smart lipo, etc), and different types of lipo (standard, power-assisted, ultrasound-assisted, laser-assisted...) and it confuses people when trying to determine which type is the best. Promotions for each type are backed up by marketing teams to sway patients towards them. As a plastic surgeon, what I think is the bottom line is this: each type of liposuction can produce great results in the right hands. Each type has different associated risks, and different levels of success depending on the experience of the surgeon and what he/she is comfortable with. Liposuction is done by many doctors untrained in liposuction or surgery, so be careful and do your research when looking for a doctor. I recommend having this type of procedure with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience doing liposuction. One way to find a surgeon is to look on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.

Web reference: http://www1.plasticsurgery.org/find_a_surgeon/