Wanting Ears Reshaped? (photo)

Im 18 and want some advice on getting my ears pinned back, one sticksout more than the other but i want them both done, any advice if you think i should have it done?

Wanting Ears Reshaped?

+1

The two ears can be pinned back and made more symmetric.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and ear correction surgeries each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Ear-Correction.php

Otoplasty or ear pinning

+1

First of, you've got style.  hair and tie are cool.

Anyhow, yes, this can be done and it's via an incision in the crease behind your ear.  Permanent sutures will be placed in the cartilage and lining of cartilage to maintain the new shape as the cartilage has "memory" and tends to return to its old position with temorary internal sutures.  The surgery can easily be performed under local anesthesia or sedation and your healing time is about 7 to 10 days.  

Hope that was helpful.  I'll attach some info.

Chase Lay, MD

Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.chaselaymd.com/facial-plastic-surgery/ear-surgery.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty to pin ears back

+1

I can appreciate some asymmetry on your picture. Your right ear does seem to stick out further from your head, and they look slightly different in size. It is a little difficult to make out details from this view. Most people have some asymmetry between their ears; you have to decide how much your asymmetry bothers you. 

If you are thinking about surgery enough to look into the procedure more online, I think you should make an appointment to see a surgeon to get more details specifically related to you. Based on your picture, I think you could achieve improved symmetry with surgery.

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon