Wanting a D Cup, But Results Don't Seem To Fit My Needs. Will They Get Bigger? (photo)

I just had breast augmentation this past Wednesday the 14th and I was hoping to be a small D. My original cup size was 34 B and I have 330C implants. They do not look as big as I expected and I am thinking I may not meet my goal cup size. Please advise.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
For sure the breasts will not get bigger in size, that being said I thin you will like them at 3 months as size is not what is the number one defining point for breast aesthetics but overall shape that is harmonious with your body

Breast size

+1

The breasts certainly will not get bigger but give them time to settle in.  If you want larger, you will have to wait.

Bra size after implants

+1
You are not likely to get any larger as the implants and swelling settle. The 330 cc implants you chose are a little over a cup size and a half (loose rule of thumb). However, this does not mean you will increase a cup size and a half in bras. It all depends on who's bra you wear (I.e. A "D" in Victoria Secret may only be a "C" in Playtex, just like your dresses, you may wear different sizes. If you are unhappy with the size, you can always remove and replace the implants with larger implants down the road. Be patent, live with the implants for a while and then decide about going larger.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

+1

I try not to get too involved with bra and cup sizes with my patients.  I do ask just to get a general idea of how large the patients is looking to be after surgery.  I ask every patient what bra size they are wearing at their initial consultation and the vast majority answer that question with a short story about their size and what fits and what used to fit and what bar they are wearing now but that they don't fill the cup.  So the starting bar size is really not definite.

Bra sizes are not standardized so different manufacturers make different sized bras and different cup sizes.  It is definitely too early to say what your final bra size will be. I would be more focused on how you look rather than solely on your final cup size.  Judging by the photos the shape and size looks good for this many days after surgery.  I would give things a bit more time before making a final judgement.

Thank you for the photos and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after surgery

+1

It is far too early to make any prediction about final size. And bra sizing is not standardized. It looks to me like you will have a very nice shape after the swelling decreases and things settle down a bit. Try to be patient. And try not to get too hung up on a particular size but more on how your breasts appear in relation to the rest of your body.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon