Wanting to Change from 450 HP to Larger CC but Mod Plus? (photo)

I currently have 450HP textured silicone implants. I have a BWD of 14. I really prefer a bit more of a slope and a touch more lower pole. With a wide BWD and a wider rib cage (for my frame) my 450 HP's are not quite what I wanted. Will a mod plus give me more of a larger (more side boob and lower pole) and how many more cc's could I probably handle safely. Best Regards,

Large to Larger is NOT the answer

+1

You currently have 450 cc implants in place, which are quite large.  Your breasts have descended inferiorly and laterally.  A larger implant will create more inferior and lateral displacement and it will occur sooner.  A larger implant would be a major mistake.  What you need are smaller implants placed high on your chest wall and a simultaneous lift.  Upper pole fullness is achieved by elevating your breast tissue high on the chest wall and higher placed implants rather than a high profile implant.  You are a candidate for a new technique called Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with removal of implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Try a shaped implant

+1

Personally, I would not consider placing a wider implant in you.  Adding lateral width will disrupt the natural attatchments of your implant pocket; in my opinion.  I do understand what you are asking for, and if you are truly unhappy with the result, a shaped, or form stable implant, can add sloping height to the implant and add more volume to the lower pole, with maximum projection at the nipple.  It could be perfect.    You would need the Classic shape Sientra, or the corresponding Allergan or Mentor choices. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Implant options

+1

A moderate plus will be wider than an HP implant and in general provide less projection. AS for the  best implant for you, it would really require an exam.

Wanting to Change from 450 HP to Larger CC but Mod Plus?

+1

You have an excellent result. But if you change I would increase size to 550 cc MP+ but there are always risks in having more surgery. 

+1

I am not sure what you mean by "more of a slope"...does that mean more fullness or less fullness in the upper pole of the breast?  Or, for that matter, what "more lower pole" really means.  You will not get more lower pole fullness or lower pole projection from a moderate plus implant...if anything, you will get less.  The moderate plus implant of that size will be of wider dimension,  going more out to your sides and a bit higher. But your implants already look like they are wide enough, and I am not sure you can tolerate an even wider implant.  You may or may not be measuring your breast width accurately AND SUBTRACTING THE COMBINED WIDTH OR THICKNESS OF YOUR TISSUE BOTH MEDIALLY AND LATERALLY. Also be aware that you already have rather larger implants, and the long term effect of larger, heavier implants may be irreversible stretching and thinning of your tissues that may lead over the years to your needing a breast lift with more noticeable scars.  You have a nice result, and perhaps you should consider leaving well enough alone.

Robert M. Grenley, MD