After DDD Breast Implants, Want Breast Reduction & Mastoplexy

Had implants 5 yrs ago ... I am 5'11, 130 pds.. after starting hormones, my breasts are now DDD ... want to reduce to a C or D ... for my height, which size is a better choice? Just want to look good in my clothes & swimsuit

Smaller breasts after implants

+2

This is a tough question.You may just want to have the implants removed and see what your actual size is.With breasts that large and removing an implant and doing a reduction may cause compromise to the blood supply to the nipple and particularly if you are a smoker so a more cautious and conservative course may be in order but a C cups should be fine.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Reducing breast size years after augmentation.

+2

This is a common complaint. Years after having a breast augmentation, your breasts have gained weight and now the goal is to reduce the size. In many patients, removal of the implants and a lift will accomplish their goals. However, in the patient with more ptotic or droopy breasts, a lift alone may give them the results they are looking for. I recommend seeing a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area who perform a lot of breast surgery to get a sense of what would work best for you.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Revisional breast implant surgery: tailor to the individual

+2

Revisional breast implant surgery needs to be tailored to the individual patient. Unfortunately, there is no universal answer to your questions. Many factors come into play, including your breast measurements, degree of breast sagging, as well as the size and location of your previous implants. The best first step is to consult with your surgeon and express your specific concerns.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Breast reduction plus a lift 5 years after implants (vertical reduction mammoplasty)

+2

It is certainly feasible to change your implants to a smaller size, and at the same time perform a vertical reduction mammoplasty. This would give you the appropriate lift and tightening and between the smaller size prosthesis and the removal of breast tissue, make your breasts smaller. As for ideal size, your need to discuss this in detail with your surgeon to come up with the appropriate decrease in volume for your body size.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Best Size for Breast Reduction

+2

Your question is a very important one and should be carefully explored with your surgeon in consultation.  Considerations include your personal preferences and sense of proportion, as well as your lifestyle, activities and sports in which you participate.

Part of our technique to determine your goal is to use different size bras to determine the volume you want to have.

By itself, cup sizing can be very misleading: women fit themselves very differently and there is variation among manufacturers and styles.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Reducing breast size after augmentation

+1
The first thing I would like to know is whether the hormone treatment is expected to continue or is temporary. You may want to discuss this with your doctor before planning surgery. The issue is not cup size, as this varies based on the bra manufacturer, but what size is best suited to your height, weight and shape. You could opt for removal of implants and a lift alone or a lift with smaller implant depending on what size you were before the augmentation and what would best fit your current shape. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options available to you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Reducing your breast size

+1

I have seen many patients in similar situation as yourself.  Sometimes a breast lift is necessary when downsizing but not always.  Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..  

Will Breasts Sag after Removal of Large Breast Implants?

+1

Yes, this would be expected that your breasts would sag after removal breast implants. Depending upon the amount of natural breast tissue you have and what size you desire, a breast lift with smaller implants, or no implants at all my meet your needs.

A consultation including a physical exam and more than one discussion of what size and shape of breasts you want is needed.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Have your surgeons offce help you choose a breast implant size.

+1

Height is not the only factor when choosing breast implant size.  Depending on the look you are wishing to achieve, you should try on different implant sizes with your surgeon.  It helps to bring photos to show your expectations. 

Breast Reduction and Mastopexy

+1

The actual breast size is more important than the bra size.  You probably have an idea what you want to look like.  Removing your implants with a breast reduction, which also lifts your breasts, may be perfect for you.  Let your surgeon help you decide what size you should be by examining you and having you see photos of other patients.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD