Wanting Breast Lift with Implants - Least Amount of Scarring Possible

I am wanting a lift with the least amount of scaring ( possibly peri -aeriola?) and a breast augmentation at the same time, I want to go somewhat on the larger size (400-500cc) I want to end up about a size DD, I am 5'6 and 130 lbs. I am willing to trade some lift for less scarring. I am wanting to know if this is advisable/possible for me, and if so what the approx cost would be. I am able to travel for the right doc but many won't offer est. w/o in person consult which is not always possible.

In person consultation is essential

+1
Many surgeons can give you their opinion, but without an in-person consultation nobody can promise you an ideal result.  In our clinic although we often have patients travel to see us, we make it clear that no exact surgical plan/recommendation can be made until the patient is seen in person.  
Looking at your pictures, I think you need to understand that an implant adds volume, it does not lift.  A breast lift lifts.  Going with an implant will fill out the breast envelope and add more volume on top, creating an illusion of a lift, which may be enough to match your expectations.  This is where a proper consultation comes into place.

Breast lift with implants

+1
95% of my patients who have been properly selected for this are satisfied with the amount of lift they achieve with implants. The right implants and technique can help you address mild to moderate sagging with breast augmentation alone, by taking into account the size you'd like to be and the amount of lift you require during the pre-surgery planning process.

These three things are considered to help give you the extra lift you require to make your breasts “perkier” without mastopexy:

1) During your breast augmentation, the breast implants will be placed directly under the breast tissue and above the chest wall muscle (in the sub-mammary position).

2) The best breast implants to use for a perkier result contain silicone gel that is more cohesive, such as the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 (formerly known as Soft-Touch gel). These implants are slightly firmer to maintain their shape better, but still retain their natural feel.

3) The shape of your breast implants should have more, rather than less, projection. Breast implants with a smaller base width will make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body, creating a more prominent contour. “Profile” is a synonym for projection, therefore look for high profile implants.

Generally speaking, larger breast implants can also help give a better lift, sometimes raising the position of the nipple by one or two centimetres.

Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to find out whether you are a suitable candidate. Best of luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Periareolar Mastopexy Augmentation

+1
This is a good question that is very common in my practice. The periareolar mastopexy augmentation appears that it would be a good option for you from the one picture that I see.

This will limit the scar to just around the areola, which tends to hide very well as it is at the natural transition of your areola and breast skin. The combination of the periarealar mastopexy and implant will give patients like yourself a very good result. The combination of the larger implant and periareolar lift will give you a nice round appearance. One of the most common surgeries I do is the periareolar mastopexy with an implant between 400 and 500cc as this combination typically gives patients like you a very good result.

You do want to make sure that if you decide to go with a periareolar mastopexy or Benelli lift that you do the procedure with someone that has a lot of experience in this procedure as there are subtle technical details that make a big difference in the outcome of your surgery.

Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the surgery.

I hope this helps, you look like a great candidate for a breast lift with implant and will likely have a great result!

Implants with or without lift?

+1
Because you would like large implants, your nipple position is borderline and you are will to accept some droopiness, you might consider having augmentation only at this point.  Reassess your result after six months to decide if you would like to proceed with a lift as well.

David Stoker, MD

Incision Placement for Breast Lift with Implants

+1

It’s virtually impossible to make recommendations regarding breast lift surgery without being able to perform a physical exam. Your pictures suggest that a peri-areolar lift is definitely a possibility for treating your breast sag, but its use might require aesthetic compromises.

These compromises might involve the shape of the breasts and the quality of scars. Smaller incisions may require more gathering of the skin and more tension on the closure, which can often result in unattractive scars. Failure to remove excess skin can often result in distortion of the breast shape and residual breast sag.

In addition, the use of larger breast implants is problematic. Larger implants can cause pressure on the overlying muscle and skin flaps. This in turn has the potential to damage blood supply to the nipple areola complex and cause skin necrosis. In addition, larger implants can cause tension on the wound closure, which might cause wound breakdown and spread of the scar. For these reasons, most plastic surgeons don’t perform breast lifts when larger implants are utilized.

Under these circumstances, great care needs to be taken when choosing the best treatment option for any particular patient. In your case, it may depend on your aesthetic goals and willingness to make compromises. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to make an appropriate recommendation for your condition. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant with lift with minimal scar

+1
We hear this request all the time.  Volume and fullness, (from the implant), and lift.  It is difficult to say without a true exam.  Their may be trade-offs, size, shape, scar.   Best to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon and address your concerns.  Together you will come up with a plan that is right for you.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Periareolar breast lift plus implants for least scarring breast lift

+1
Thank you for your question.  I agree with others that a periareolar breast lift may be possible for you which is the least scarring that is possible with a breast lift.

You already have a significant amount of breast tissue and should follow the advice of your plastic surgeon regarding the size of breast implants that will be best for you.  Next

In my experience implants and the 500 cc range are quite large and when combined with a breast lift can cause healing problems and scarring issues and spreading of the scar around the areola.  In my practice I rarely put larger than 350 cc implants during a breast lift.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced in breast lift surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.  Please read the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Bennelli Lift has minimal scarring for breast aug with lift

+1

The Bennelli Lift is a periareolar scar, which will soon fade such that you will not even notice it.  I use the technique often when I am performing  a breast aug with a lift.  With the Bennelli technique you will not be compromising any of the 'lift' .  You will get perky breasts with a youthfully positioned nipple.  Yes, you can have it all! 

Please read my blog post below which is explains the procedure in greater detail.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Breast augmentation and mastopexy

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on experience, I would suggest that your 1st concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 

In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results.

Also, be careful about communicating your goals with specific cup size references.  You may find this to be inaccurate and again a source of dissatisfaction postoperatively. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast Lift with Implants

+1

Based on your profile picture, my recommendation would be a circumvertical lift and submuscular augmentation.  I find the perioareolar lift to do a nice job of lifting the nipple position a few centimeters, but not great for breast reshaping.   In addition, similar to a facelift or tummy tuck, it is how you reshape the deeper tissues that leads to a long lasting result.   I believe a circumvertical (lollipop) incision will allow for this parenchymal/breast tissue reshaping.   

In addition, the additional weight of a 500 cc implant will cause the breast skin to stretch regardless of technique used (rock in a sock), therefore this must be taken into account.

I recommend that you consider slightly more scar (lollipop) such that you can obtain the best and longest lasting shape.

Paul S. Gill, MD