Wanting Breast Implants Removed but Cannot Afford It..What Do I Do

I have had my saline breast implants for the past 7 years.. I have started having alot of health issues lately which I think are directly related to my breast implants.. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, I have heart flutters alot, Neck and Back problems that are almost impossible to relieve.. the ONLY health insurance I have at the moment is medicaid.I consulted a local dr who wants 7,000 to do the explant..HELP

Costs Associated with Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the multitude of medical problems you are experiencing. You should have some peace of mind that removal breast implants is generally a relatively simple procedure associated with minimal discomfort and recovery time.

I think with some more research you will be able to find board-certified plastic surgeons who can do the procedure for you have much less expense than what you have encountered thus far.

Removing saline breast implants

+1

A simple removal of saline-filled breast implants can be done under local anesthesia through a new or old inframammary crease incision for under $1000 at least in my office. The implants were put in by your choice for cosmetic reasons and you should also be able to choose to remove them, but removing them for the reasons stated is not medically sound and is highly unlikely to change any of the symptoms or problems. There is no documented evidence to connect the presence of a silicone rubber shell filled with saline to any medical problems and unless the implants are obviously deflated, you can be assured they are intact. Perhaps the charge for the removal you mentioned included a capsulectomy along with the implant removal. This is also not medically indicated and results in a higher risk of complications and no benefits to simply removing the implants alone. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Explanting implants

+1

Are the implants salint or silicone?  Saline has not been implicated as causing the ill effects as you describe.  Explanatation is not diffcult, so keep looking for other doctors.  You should find a less expensive doctor to remove your implants. $7,000.00 in over the top in Ohio...

James Apesos, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon