Wanting to get a brazilian butt lift. Am I a good candidate? (Photo)

Hi so, I've had some weight gain distribution Allover my body, mainly in my abdomen and arms and inner thighs. I am 5'1 and weigh 107 pounds it's really easy for me to gain weight. I wanted to know if I'm a good candidate for the bbl! I really don't want to put something foreign (implant) in my buttocks and I'm willing to gain some weigt prior. I'm just hoping it's enough fat to make a differance in my buttocks.

BBL

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I would suggest for you to gain about 15 pounds in order to have a better chance to harvest fat. At this point, I would do your abdomen but it wouldn't be enough for me to transfer to the buttocks region.

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL candidate

+1
It is difficult to tell from your photos whether or not you would have enough fat for the BBL. I do not believe that people should gain weight in preparation for a BBL. The fat that is gained often just goes away after the surgery. This is why people complain that the fat didn't last. I know that some very well respected doctors tell their patients to gain weight but this idea goes against the science of fat transfer. I would recommend an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in BBLs and can show you over one hundred of his/her own before and after pictures. Look for a doctor who has a number of patients with your body type. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Proportions

+1
BBL is a great procedure for removing fat from unwanted areas and adding it where it is lacking.  Gaining weight can help if you desire having "more" of a result and depends on what your goal proportions are.  Discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon near you that does a lot of these procedures.

BBL Candidate

+1
You could be a good candidate for the BBL procedure. However, a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations. It may help to gain just a little bit of weight to have adequate donor sites for the procedure.  The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Wanting to get a brazilian butt lift. Am I a good candidate?

+1
You will need someone who is comfortable liposuctioning thin patients.  In addition, gaining weight is sometimes reasonable if you can maintain the weight.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

BBL

+1
I think that you may be an excellent candidate depending upon what your goals are.  An exam in person will allow me to assess your donor sites.  Good luck.

+1

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Mel T. Ortega, MD