Wanting to Go Braless but Keep Size, is That Possible? (Pictures Included)

I'm 19, 5"6.5' and my weight fluctuates between 175 and 180 weekly, but I'm going to start going to the gym next month. I really want a breast lift without breast implants to fix my sagging and uneven breast. I am measured as a 36DDD and I like my size, but I am willing to go a bit smaller (not a lot). I want to go braless at times, but I don't want a lot of scars. What can I do, how much will it cost, and will my insurance company cover any of it (I have blue cross blue shield and Kaiser)?

The Ultimate Breast Lift?

+2

I strongly suggest you go to Dr.Horndeski, This surgeon has suggested something so good that Im surprised that we don't have a published paper with 500 cases. Wow. Book the consult and fly to Houston.Looks like we have an amazing match for you. Dr. Horndeski can do it all and no big scars. You go girl...... To Houston, or at least call his office, get additional photos, talk to some of his patients. Go Ultimate!

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

A breast lift is not covered by insurance. I think it would be unrealistic to assuem that you can go braless after surgery. in order to lift them, you would more than likely need  at least a "lollipop" lift incision.

Ultimate Breast Lift with no scars?

+1

As many have stated, I cannot see how you could have a satisfying lift without some scars.  But if you're determined to lose weight and can do so relatively easily, you should focus on that first.  If you are successful, expect your breasts to be more saggy and empty appearing, depending on what your goal weight is.  If you are against implants at all costs, you will need a mastopexy (I like the Rubin mastopexy for patients who have lost a lot of weight) but it comes with scars.  If you're okay with implants and want a full upper pole, you could opt for an augmentation/reduction where you sacrifice your native breast tissue and replace it with implant.  But now you have to accept all the risks that come with implants.  Some insurances may cover mastopexies following massive weight loss but each policy is different and you would have to investigate that yourself.  Good luck with your weight loss!

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift scars

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  You are a good candidate for a full breast lift which should improve your shape and symmetry as well as reposition your breasts back up on your chest. You would be a little bit smaller but not a lot. Unfortunately, it is not covered by insurance and you would have scars around the edge of your areola, down to the crease and along the crease. In my opinion, the improvement in shape and symmetry out-weigh the scars.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lift with reduction

+1
Sorry to convey bad news but unless the breasts are reduced by a minimum of 500 grams, insurance will not pay so you have some serious choices to make. You can have a reduction to meet insurance criteria, which would be covered, but your breasts would need to be reduced to a C cup. Or you could have a breast lift by one of several methods. My concern in maintaining your current size is that gravity will once again take its toll. You should delay surgery until you have reached and maintained your ideal weight because additional weight fluctuation will contribute to sagging.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

What you are requesting - NO SCARS - impossible. So there really is no answer for you. A lift is not a covered benefit by insurance but a reduction is. Reduction require removal of at  least one pound of tissue per side, another reason you are not a good candidate. And finally the asymmetry needs to be pointed out, with your left breast lower than the right. With all your requirements I believe your expectations are not realistic and thus you might be a poor candidate. Best to see in person MANY boarded PSs in Maryland to discuss.

Firm perky breasts with Ultimate breast lift

+1

The Ultimate breast lift is a new technique that does not rely on the skin envelope to hold your newly shaped breasts in place. It works with all breast types (large or saggy). There is NO VERTICAL SCAR. The scars are hidden around the areola and under the natural crease of your breast mound. It's worth looking into. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Insurance will not cover a breast lift.

+1

You can keep most (all but about an ounce of skin) of your present breast volume with a full breast lift, but this will not be covered by any insurance plan. Even a "cosmetic" breast reduction would remove too little tissue to qualify for insurance reimbursement.

The good news is that once you understand and are aware that you will be paying for your breast surgery yourself, you and your surgeon can decide together exactly how much tissue you will have removed, the type of breast lift, and the placement of incisions and resultant permanent scars.

A full breast lift in our accredited outpatient office surgical facility will cost around $8000, inclusive of all charges, including anesthesia, OR, and professional fees. All follow-up is included. Touch-up or revisional surgery (such as for scar revision, or removal of a bit more tissue if you wish to be smaller) would be performed without surgeon's fee, but you would be responsible for OR and anesthesia fees.

Please don't fall prey to those who might imply that insurance coverage "could" or "might" be obtained. The guidelines for breast reduction are very uniform and "standard," so it is clear that you would require removal of a minimum of 555g per breast (about 1 1/4 lbs per breast) at your present height and 175lb weight. Even if you lost 30 lbs, you would still need a minimum of 400g per breast to be removed (still nearly a pound per breast). Figure a loss of about a cup of breast size per 250g, so this amount (about 2 cup sizes) is more than "not a lot."

Much more important is your choice of surgeon. Obtain several consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breast surgery and see before and after photographs of the exact design of breast lift (reduction) being recommended to you. I am not a fan of "reduced scar" breast lifts--they simply tend to leave misshapen breasts, wide and irregular scars, and often require revision. But you and your chosen surgeon get to decide! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Sagging and breast lift

+1

I hate to be the negative 1 in the bunch but I think your asking a little too much. the scars with your skin type are going to be significant and given your size even going down a little bit you are asking a lot from the skin to keep you up there without further sagging. consider losing the weight first and see if your cup size comes down and then re evaluate the whole process.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction/ lift

+1

Dear Notso, thanks for the photos, they help a lot.  You want a lift with a small reduction and are looking for insurance to pay, as far as I can tell.  Based on your height and weight at this time you would need at least a 600 gm (1.33 pounds) reduction on each side to have your surgery possibly covered.  To do the surgery with the technique I use would require a scar that goes around the areola making it smaller and a vertical scar, with the possibility of a short inframammary scar as well.  This would probably bring you down to a full C, but give you a very aesthetic perky breast.  Good luck with your decision

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon