If I Wanted a Tummy Tuck What Would Be my Price Range to Get to 180lbs? (photo)

I'm 5"4 and 215lbs wanting to get a tummy tuck. Diet and exercise helps a little but I can not seem to get back to my ideal size.What would be my prize range for such a surgery?

Tummy Tuck To Lose Weight

+2

Tummy tucks are not a weight loss surgery and it is unusual to take off mre than a few pounds. From your photo it appears most of your weight is inside the abdomen rather than just under the skin and a tummy tuck will have absolutly no effect on that. At 5'4" and 215# your BMI is about 37. That's too high for safe outpatient surgery and much too high for good results with a tummy tuck. In my practice I would want to see you at a BMI less than 30 so a weight less than 170# and then do an exam to see if the surgery would be of benefit.

Tummy Tucks Aren't Operations For Weight Reduction

+2

You should try a bit harder to lose weight before surgery.  Tummy tucks are not procedures for weight loss, but this does seem to be a common misconception.  A tummy tuck definitely would not result in the removal of a volume of tissue weighing the 35 pounds which you are seeking.

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+2

Although you may not be able to achieve your “ideal” weight,  it is in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing tummy tuck surgery. This will allow you to achieve the best results possible and minimize the chances that further surgery will become necessary ( if you lose additional weight after the tummy tuck surgery).

Costs of surgery will vary from region to region and from surgeon to surgeon;  please don't make this the primary factor in choosing your plastic surgeon.  Experience, safety record, and quality of work will matter most.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

No tummy tucks are done for weight loss

+2

Unfortunately, you will need to lose the weight BEFORE a tummy tuck is a safe and reasonable surgery for you as it is done to tighten the muscles and remove extra skin but not for creating weight loss.

Tummy tuck is not for weight loss

+1

Thank you for your question. Surprisingly, a tummy tuck does not usually result in a significant amount of weight loss. A tummy tuck removes extra skin, some fat in the lower tummy, and tightens the muscles of the tummy.  For best results, lose as much weight as you can beforehand so that more skin can be removed and more muscle tightening can be done.  The average cost for a tummy tuck is about $8,000. I do not know what the average price is in Miami.