I Wanted to Ask What Size, Shape and Profile Would You Think Will Give Me the Most Natural Result, Really Confused? (photo)

i have small skinny breasts and a birdy chest. dont want to look too big and i just want a natural result. i wanted to use teardrop implants because of my very thin tissue, but i found out about the rotation risk. my doctors recommend round implants. I really hate to get the round shape too visible "on top of" my breasts. especially when lying down. another question is with thin breast tissue will there be less swelling? height 170cm, 48Kg, breast width 11.5cm

Most "natural" result

+1

A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon may provide the best answer for you.  "Natural" can mean different things to different people.  There are several ways to avoid a rounded look using round implants, also shaped implants may be an option...ask to see plenty of your surgeon's examples of his/her work.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Picking the perfect implant

+1

I strongly recommend trying on the breast implant sizes in your surgeon's office so that you can pick the implant that looks perfect to you.  With regards to creating a more "natural" look,I believe the key will be a submuscular (under the muscle) placement for you.  Good luck.

+1

All available implants have rewards and risks. So you need to decide with advise from your chosen surgeon which gives you the best risk/benefit ratio. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Despite your excellent description of body type and goals,  it is not possible to give you specific advice without direct examination or at least viewing pictures.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/results.cfm?Category=46

Choosing the right implant

+1

Thank you for your question. I think you are a good candidate for either a round or anatomically shaped implant. Your thin upper pole tissues mean that your implant should be placed under the muscle to avoid an abrupt contour in the upper portion of the breast. If you choose to go with round implants, I think a low or moderate profile will give you the most natural shape given your skin envelope. Ask your PS to show you a round implant and you will see that when you hold it upright, it does tend to take a teardrop shape. Therefore, it is possible to avoid the round upper pole even with a round device in thin women like yourself. Best wishes.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Anatomic "teardrop" implants

+1

Thank you for the pics and  questions.  If you stay in the B cup range with round silicone implants under the muscle, you'll do fine.  The anatomics would give a slightly better result.  If the implant pocket is accurately made the day of surgery, then the risk of having the anatomics rotate is negligible as long as you don't do strenous chest exercises for 6 weeks.  Hope this helps.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What Size, Shape and Profile

+1

Trying on implants is a useful way of choosing approximate implant size. Then the profile can be chosen by trying to match implant width to breast width (11.5).

Each style of implant has pros and cons. From the limited information here, I wonder if the shaped implants aren't an excellent option for you. 

All the best.