I Wanted to Know How to Get Rid of Hypertrophic Scars on Face Caused by Cuts? (photo)

About 3 weeks ago I met with an accident and had 2 small cuts on my face that left 2 hypertrophic scars. The pain is still there and I think it's still healing. Now, I wanted to know how I can get rid of these scars? Suggestions? I live in India.

I Wanted to Know How to Get Rid of Hypertrophic Scars on Face Caused by Cuts?

+1

Three weeks is still very early to treat a scar like this. At the present time you can use a silicone product containing SPF such as Bio-Corneum to prevent darkening of the scar tissue and help the scar mature. As early as six weeks, a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist might recommend spot dermabrasion or laser resurfacing to smooth the scar. Typically, a formal scar revision would wait for at least 12 months as these scars will likely improve dramatically over the first year. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon