Wanted 2 Reduce Hair Amount and Now Im Missing Hair on Certain Spots It Looks Awful

im a very hairy guy and i just wanted to reduce hair amount. I did two sessions with this home removal laser because i just didnt want anybody to really notice but even though i only did it twice my legs look really weird. there are some spots where there is no hair at all and spots where theres a lot of hair. what can i do? so far i have been waiting for the hair to grow back since i only did 2 sessions but do you have any sugfestions?

Thinning the hair now uneven with at home treatment vs. laser hair removal

+1

Even professional laser hair removal treatments don't permanently remove hair in two treatments so I don't think you'll have permanent bald patches.  Unfortunately, I don't know a way you can expedite your self to look more even until it grows back normally. Once it does, you can ask a board-certified dermatologist about the safety of using prescription Vaniqua to reduce hair growth. Remember, "You get what you pay for" and "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/laser-hair-removal/index.html

Partial Laser Hair Removal?

+1

Hi Ivan.  Unfortunately, you should not have had laser hair removal at all.  "Thinning" the hair in a way that makes it appear the same thickness everywhere is virtually impossible.  It is not realistic to think that because you have had 1,2 or 3 treatments that it will result in an even distribution of hair removed and hair remaining.  Rather, the distribution may be somewhat random as you are experiencing. 

You should stop now and give it a few months to see how much hair returns.  If you are not happy with the way that looks, we would recommend taking it all off in the areas that were treated.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/laserHairRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

The Safety of Laser Hair Removal at Home

+1

In recent years, a number of devices have been developed to seek to provide patients with the ability to achieve hair removal at home. These devices are based on similar laser technology to target the hair follicle for destruction. The evidence behind these devices is limited to small, uncontrolled studies. The risk of eye injuries with improper use is also a real concern. It's time for you to have appropriate treatment at a dermatologist's office.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal

+1

I suggest that you see an experienced dermatologist who has access to either the Light Sheer Diode or the GentleLaser laser, as these are the two most effective laser hair removal systems available on the market. Generally speaking it takes an average 6 months to regrow hair.