Options to Make Lips Smaller?

I wanted to make both my top and bottom lip smaller. The main issue I have is my lips having a really pink skin toward the inner most part of my lips (where my lips touch). I hate it. The only solution I thought os if tightening the skin on my lips, I don't know for sure though. Any suggestions are welcomed...Thanks.

Lip reduction in Los Angeles

+1

I perform lip reductions to reduce the size and volume of the lips. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Making Lips Smaller

+1

First of all, I want to point out that the vast majority of women desire their lips to be bigger, and you should also bear in mind your ethnicity before considering surgery.  Most patients of darker complexion have larger, fuller lips and by reducing your lips, you may lose some of your ethnic appearance.  The pink skin toward the inner part of your lip is natural and is referred to as the pink lip (vs. the red lip) or the wet lip (vs. the dry lip) and everyone has this appearance to varying degrees.  Overall, I would caution you against surgery for all the reasons listed above.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip reduction

+1
Lip reduction is a safe procedure that can be done under local anesthesia in the office. The pink skin showing is very natural, especially in darker skin tones.  You might want to discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what would look best and natural for you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lip Reduction

+1

Although possible to makes lip less full, it is critical that it is done for the right reasons, that there are realistic expectations and other key factors. Without an interview and an exam (or at lease photos to review) it would be difficult at best to make  a specific recommendation. Best advice is to see a board certified aesthetic plastic surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS