4 Days Post Rhinoplasty: Nose Supposed to be Upturned and Isn't

Four days ago I had a rhinoplasty done to make my nose look more girly. It ran parallel with my lip before (90•) and was supposed to be closer to 180 degrees. But the tip looks exactly the same. I know people on here generally want the nose to go back down, but is there such a thing as suddenly turning back up? Could swelling be forcing it down? I'm panicked that I spent all this money for nothing. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Rhinoplasty

+3

It is way too soon to judge anything.  Be patient.  I know it is hard- maybe the hardest part because your anticipation has been building and now that you have had the surgery you want to see the results!  Very normal reaction, but please be patient and do not worry!

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait at least 1 month

+2

While I share your concern, you are prematurely judging the end result. Wait 1 month at least for much of the external swelling to diminish, and 3 months or more for the majority of swelling that affects tip position to resolve. Then discuss your concerns wih your surgeon.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose downturned after Rhinoplasty

+1

Tape and cast can make the nasal tip temporarily appear either up or down, after a Rhinoplasty but once these are removed, the tip rotation is not likely to suddenly go up.  An upturned nose can drop with time from gravity but never the other way.

Tip Position 4 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

Normal, temporary swelling 4 days after rhinoplasty will make it impossible for you to evaluate your tip shape or position. Your anxiety will accomplish nothing - rather than writing us, I suggest you talk to your surgeon.

Tip shape

+1

Don't worry you are way to early. You could easily have swelling in the supratip area which makes the tip look lower. As that goes down you will see elevation and projection.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon