I wanted to no if it's safe to go under anesthesia for breast implants why taking methadone?

BBA

+1
You need to discuss this with your PS and anaesthesiologist.  It can have an influence on the anaesthesia but should be possible.

Anesthesia and methadone

+1

You should be able to undergo anesthesia on methadone. Your anesthesiologist and surgeon will take that in consideration for intraop and post op care. The doctor that placed you on methadone should also communicate with your surgeon and anesthesiologist for best care. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Anesthesia and Methadone

+1

I would definitely recommed for you to speak with your surgeon as well as your anesthesiologist about this. You will probably have to postpone your surgery until your body reads zero in Methadone. If you´ve decided to go on with this regardless by lying to your Doctors, you might wake up during surgery. Here, the most important thing should be your health and safety.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is it safe to go under anesthesia for breast implants why taking methadone?

+1

You may have anesthesia if being treated with methadone. However, make sure your surgeon, anesthesiologist and methadone provider are aware.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Methadone and breast surgery

+1

If I had a patient on Methadone I would delay surgery till the patient was completely weaned of it off for at least 6 months. It is a powerful medication which affects everything else you might receive.

The 2 patients who did not inform us of their Methadone use (basically lying to us) had trouble staying under anesthesia due to the tolerance they had developed for the anesthetic medicines. Post operative pain management is also an issue.

Good luck finding a surgeon willing to do it.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon