I wanted to know if you gain weight will that help you result for bbl?

I am about 210lbs and I am 5'8. I hold my weight pretty well so I don't look 210. I wanted to know if I was to gain about 20lbs will the enhance my results for a BBL?

Gaining weight for BBL

+2

Gaining weight for a BBL is not a great idea. There several reasons why it's not the best thing to do.

Fat cells don't replicate. When you gain weight each cell gets bigger and you lose weight each cell gets smaller but you don't make more cells. If fat cells replicated liposuction would never work. If you gain weight temporarily before your surgery you will transfer the same number of cells but they'll just be bigger. After surgery if you return to your normal weight the cells will shrink the same size they would've been if did not gain weight for the surgery. The other problem is gaining weight may stretch skin and give you looser skin with stretch marks. You also have to consider that gaining weight prior to surgery may increase your chance of complications under anesthesia. It's best to be as healthy as possible prior to surgery.

Weight gain for gluteal fat transfer

+2

Photographs would help in making a more specific comments about your case. At your current weight for your height, you likely do not need to gain any weight. You would likely benefit from 5 liters of liposuction and transfer of most, if not all, of the harvested fat to the gluteal region. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

+2

I think that I could probably get out the maximum of 5 liters and transfer at least 1500 cc or more per buttock at your current weight.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight gain and buttock augmentation

+1

At 210 and 5'8" you more likely need to lose weight rather than gain weight, but an exam in person would be good to determine if are a candidate for buttock augmentation.