I wanted clitoral hood reduction and my labia to be trimmed to match. What was removed from the clitoral hood? (Photo)

I asked for clitoral good reduction specifically for as much as possible removed without causing any serious issues. I also asked for labia minora reduction so that my lips would not look too big once the clitoral hood was reduced. Am I right in thinking this does not look right? I'm still really self concious. My surgeon said I have a large clitoris which is why it still looks big. But I don't understand why they almost completely removed my labia. Any professional advice?

The photos show near amputation of the labia minora and no reduction of the clitoral hood. To address this issue, the clitoral hood tissue needs to be rotated downward to actually recreate some of the labia minora. This is a difficult problem to fix in the most experienced of hands. This is a vaginal reconstructive procedure. Most of my experience with this is with vulvovaginal cancer. The best aesthetic person to fix this problem is Dr. Gary Alter. He probably has the most experience on this, and if this were my wife, I would send her to him.

220 E Central Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32701

Clitoral hood enlargement with labia reduction

Your clitoral hood is enlarged.  I cannot tell if any hood was removed or if your clitoris is also enlarged.  The surgeon did remove most of your labia minora.  Your labia can be reconstructed and your clitoral hood can be reduced.  Labia minora can be reconstructed from the extra skin of your clitoral hood by moving the skin of the sides of the hood and shaping it to be labia minora.  These clitoral hood flaps will replace much of the bumpy, scalloped labia minora resulting from your trimming labiaplasty. The abrupt termination of the folds from your clitoris (frenula) would be sutured to the clitoral hood flaps to give normal transitions.   In order to reduce your hood, a clitoropexy or repositioning of your clitoris may be necessary.  An enlarged clitoris can be reduced.  Such a revision requires a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in such reconstructions.

Gary J. Alter, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Clitoral hood reduction and labiaplasty

Unfortunately it is difficult to evaluate without some before photos and an in person physical exam. Fortunately however, it may be possible to effect a revision...have you asked your operating surgeon?  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

9090 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211