Wanting a TT, do I Also Need a BBL and Can They be Performed Togther? (Photo)

BBL and Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  I just do not see how these two operations can be performed together for maximum results. I would have you have two procedures.  Liposuction and fat grafting followed 6 months later by an tummy tuck and any touch-up liposuction.

Earl Stephenson, Jr,MD, DDS, FACS

Combination surgery

+1
From examining your picture you seem to have adequate fatty tissue for a BBL.  I often perform these surgeries in combination.  But it is very important that you be in excellent health before having the surgery done. But if you have any health issues staging it is a best option.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

TT and BBL , Performed Togther?

+1
I perform both together. As long as your health and general condition allows.
I do liposuction of the hips and flanks in almost all my Tummy Tucks. This provides good quality fat that can be restrained and employed for buttock enhancement in the same setting.
Although adding BBL will lengthen your procedure and add to the cost. One advantage is that you have one recovery period and also reduction in the cost compared to having them staged.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck

+1
In general, a tummy tuck and BBL can be done at the same time. However, in my opinion, the best results come with staging the procedures. I like to do the BBL first, as I can liposuction your entire trunk and harvest the maximal amount of fat possible to transfer. Many times that transfer of fat includes some fat to the sides or the hips and buttocks area. So I ask my patients not to sit and to sleep on their bellies for at least two weeks to maximize fat graft survival. You do not want that pressure on your buttocks for the first couple of weeks after the fat transfer. When you do a tummy tuck you will be sitting and sleeping on your back in a flexed position which puts pressure on your buttocks. So to answer your question, they can be done all at once, but for the best results I suggest you do the BBL first followed by the tummy tuck a few weeks to a couple months later. Some people only have time for one recovery period and that is fine as long as you understand that the results may be better with a staged approach. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift can be done at the same time. Patients undergoing combination surgery must be in top health and cleared by family physician for general anesthesia 4-6 hours. You also absuletely need to stop smoking
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Wanting a TT, do I Also Need a BBL and Can They be Performed Togther?

+1
Thank you for the question and photos. I personally perform both procedures at the same time. In the past I used to stage them, but this was not practical for many of my patients who could not afford extended recovery times. I do it in one procedure and I find that my results are actually better. From the limited view photos, I believe you have enough fat to shape and enhance your buttocks. From the side view you do have a nice lordosis (curvature). You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person examination. It is not enough just place fat into the buttocks. I analyze the buttocks and the surrounding anatomy which I break down into 11 subunits. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and BBL at same time

+1
I do NOT perform a tummy tuck and BBL procedure at the same time.  The reason is that for recovery for a tummy tuck you must sleep and your back with pillows under your knees and back to keep tension off of the incision line.  When performing a BBL procedure you must sleep on your stomach for a month and no sitting for 10 days after the operation.  Therefore, because of different recovery processes they cannot be done at the same time or you will risk compromising the amount of fat that survives in the buttock with too much pressure on the buttocks.  For fat to survive a transplantation, blood supply from the surrounding tissue must grow into the transplanted fat.  Placing pressure on the buttocks will decrease the blood supply and therefore decrease the amount of fat that survives.  Do both procedures separately and you will have a better from both.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

TT and BBL

+1
Hello, thank you for the question and the pics. For what is seen in the pictures, you should get both procedures done to maximize your result. The TT will only give you a flat tummy, you need BBL to work on your waistline and your back, and the fat transfer will give you rounder hips and more projected buttocks. Both are safely and usually performed together as one complements the other.

Jose A. Leon, MD

Tummy tuck and BBL

+1
I usually stage them because I often get the most fat for grafting from the abdomen and doing a full tummy tuck at the same time may compromise the blood supply to the abdominal flap.

Candidate for Tummy Tuck Also Wonders if She Needs a BBL and Possible at Same Time

+1
The pictures shown clearly indicate an indication for an extended abdominoplasty with the addition of vaser ultrasonic liposuction, in my practice.  The lipo-abdominoplasty is one operation and the BBL is another.  Positioning for an abdominoplasty puts pressure on the buttocks which can impair fat survival.  Also there is sufficient fat in the hips and flanks to supply fat for the BBL Treating the frame of the buttock, namely the low back, flanks and hips is needed to get the optimal appearance of the buttocks. So two operations for optimal results.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon