I Want to Get a TT Next Month, Need Advice on After Care Help

I'm new to my location and want to get a TT here next month. I know one person that on the day of can drop me off, pick me up, and pick my son up off the bus, cook him dinner, and put him to bed, and then leave afterwards. I'm a single mom of a 6 yo and am trying to figure out if I need to hire someone what days I'll need to hire them for. Specifically, will I be able to stand over a stove and cook for my son the next day? He's very self sufficient, and can do a lot for himself.

Help After Tummy Tuck Surgery

+2

I would not recommend that you have the procedure and then not have help afterwards (at least for the first week).  You most likely will not feel up to cooking and/or looking after your 6 year old day 2 after surgery.  This is a big operation that needs a lot of recovery time.  You will be on narcotics (for the pain) and really need to have an adult with you during that first week - just incase something happens and you need to be taken to the doctor, etc.

Speak to your plastic surgeon and see if they can recommend a facility and/or a nurse who can come to your home with you.

Best Wishes.

Getting around and recovery after tummy tuck for the single mom

+1

I recommend you have live in help for the first 3-5 days and have a friend that can stop by for the first 7-10 days.

Here is a link that does a good job of explaining what to expect.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck after care

+1

You will certainly need some help for several days after your operation.  You will need an adult with you full time for a few days.  It will be unlikely that you will be able to drive a  car for several days and you will need someone to help you with basic errands. You can hire someone full time for a few days and after that maybe a friend or relative can pitch  in to give you a hand .

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

As healthier and positiove patient as better and quick recovery

+1

yes it would be advisable to get support for at least the  surgery day, if you are  a healthy and  normal weighting lady, and easealy you could  start to attend to your son the next day after surgery, perhaps you could  drive your car at third day of course  with an elastic  comprehensive garment

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Good for you. You are thinking ahead. With my patients that have younger children that need a fair amount of care, I would not feel comfortable doing the surgery without at least a week of someone else taking over the child care. It's not worth the problems and the risk. Postpone your surgery until you are sure you have livein help for an absolute minimum of 7-10 days.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD