I want some sort of treatment for my skin. Can I take a photofacial treatment? (photo)

Hyper pigmentation and freckles cover my all face and it becomes dark day by day. Photofacial treatment is use full for me??

Photofacial for Asian Skin

+1
I wouldn't recommend IPL or Photofacial for your skin. It would be too risky due to the fact that you also seem to have some Melasma present.

Photofacial can burn the skin or create even more pigmentation on your skin. I suggest topical retinoids/retinol with hydroquinone and a series of chemical peels or laser treatments. This is to be discussed with a provider so that they can guide you and find the best treatment for your concerns. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photofacial or IPL is not the best treatment for darker skin types

+1
Because you have darker skin, Photo facial or IPL treatments could be to intensive for you and possibly create hypopigmentation are light areas.

For Asian or darker skin non-ablative fractional 1540, 1450, or 1585 erbium laser treatments are better.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Cosmelan for Pigmenation

+1
Pigmentation is difficult to treat especially in Asian skin; you have to be careful because if something too aggressive is done it can cause more damage.

I do not recommend that you get an IPL treatment, because it will sometimes make your pigmentation worse. I would recomend a Cosmelan or Cosmelan MD treatment.Treatment consists of a mask that is worn on the skin for 6-12 hours, this mask includes 15 lightening agents like Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Phytic Acid and Salicylic Acid, the MD version also includes Retin-A and Hydroquinone. After the initial mask there is a maintenance cream that is applied to the face starting 3-5 days after the mask. The maintenance cream is used 1-2 times a day for 1 month and then every night and can eventually be dropped down to 2-3 times a week.

For best protection from new pigmentation; try to stay out of the sun between 10-3 and wear a hat if you do. A topical anti-oxidant (like vitamin C) and sunblock of SPF 50 should be worn daily and a lightening/bleaching cream should be used nightly. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your skin.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon