I really want to do something about tightening my stomach. I would like to avoid tummy tuck route. Would thermage work? (Photo)
Doctor Answers (4)
I really want to do something about tightening my stomach. I would like to avoid tummy tuck route. Would thermage work?
Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
Improve tummy without tummy tuck
- Thermage is very unlikely to have much effect.
- You can try it - there are risks of burning the skin if settings are too high.
- Ideally, weight and get fit. This will leave only loose skin.
- Then surgery can remove the excess skin and presto - you have a result.
- If this doesn't appeal - combine liposuction with a little skin removal. Best wishes.
Non-surgical options for tummy tuck
You might also like...
A nonsurgical tummy tuck will be disappointing for you
In my experience nonsurgical options like Thermage, Ulthera and others require me to show a before and after picture for you to see the results.
With a tummy tuck you will see your results in the mirror and your plastic surgeon will not have to convince you that you have had significant tightening.
Nonsurgical skin tightening treatments are expensive and in my experience do not justify the results unless there is only very minimal minimal skin laxity.