I really want to do something about tightening my stomach. I would like to avoid tummy tuck route. Would thermage work? (Photo)

I'm 27 years old, I had a baby 3 years ago. I've a slim build but my stomach area doesn't fit in with the rest of my body. I had stretching of the skin! I want to avoid the tummy tuck route, would they msgs work? Or what options would I have? Thank you?

I really want to do something about tightening my stomach. I would like to avoid tummy tuck route. Would thermage work?

+1
I would recommend nothing or a tummy tuck. 

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Improve tummy without tummy tuck

+1
  • Thermage is very unlikely to have much effect.
  • You can try it - there are risks of burning the skin if settings are too high.
  • Ideally, weight and get fit. This will leave only loose skin. 
  • Then  surgery can remove the excess skin and presto - you have a result.
  • If this doesn't appeal - combine liposuction with a little skin removal. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Non-surgical options for tummy tuck

+1
Hi K2120.   I think the best non-surgical option for improving your appearance is diet and exercise.  If you have been unsuccessful with that, I would be careful with non-surgical approaches.  In my experience the results have not matched the advertising. 

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

A nonsurgical tummy tuck will be disappointing for you

+1
I understand your desire to avoid tummy tuck scars.  However all of the various nonsurgical options for your tummy achieve at best a 22-25% tightening of the skin.  To get this result you need an expert, high settings of the machine within safe limits, at least four treatments a month apart.  It will also take 6 months to see your final result.

In my experience nonsurgical options like Thermage, Ulthera and others require me to show a before and after picture for you to see the results.

With a tummy tuck you will see your results in the mirror and your plastic surgeon will not have to convince you that you have had significant tightening.

Nonsurgical skin tightening treatments are expensive and in my experience do not justify the results unless there is only very minimal minimal skin laxity.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS