I Just Want the Hump on my Nose Filed Down and Am Wondering the Price for It?

Cost of rhinoplasty to file down hump on nose

+1

Filing down the hump of the nose is only the first component of a rhinoplasty.  Once the hump has been filed down, osteotomies are performed to fix the open roof deformity that has been created by filing the hump.  Osteotomies and the rhinoplasty will require a general anesthesia.  The typical cost for a rhinoplasty is approximately $7000, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Is removing the hump from my nose enough to give me a good result?

+1

Unfortunately, it is impossible to adequately answer your question without an examination. However, in twelve years of practice, I have only seen one patient who "got away" with just removing the hump.  Most patients require other maneuvers to make the nose more balanced.  As a starting point, if the bony part of your nose is even slightly wide, the hump will actually make your nose appear narrower from the front.  Therefore, if the hump is removed, your nose will appear wider and the nasal bones will have to be brought closer.

Please see a board certified plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon who has an interest in rhinoplasty and if their suggestion makes sense and you like their before and after work, seriously consider their opinion.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

A satisfactory rhinoplasty may require more than “filing down” the bump

+1

Hello Otilia:

In my experience, many patients believe that only one specific component to the rhinoplasty operation needs to be done. 

The reality: it is very unusual just to perform a single step or component to a rhinoplasty.  For example, if you file down the bump, your nose might look wider. That is why typically when bumps are removed, the nasal bones are narrowed a bit to compensate so that the nose does not look flat or have an “open roof” deformity.  Also, filing down the bump with or without narrowing may not be in concert with the tip of the nose. 

What I am saying is that you need to evaluate the structure of the entire nose and, of course, you need to evaluate the nose in light of the other facial features.

My best advice would be to have a consultation with a surgeon who focuses on and is very specialized in rhinoplasty.  There is no sense discussing fees at this point because you are not yet sure what you need.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and I don't recommend shopping for a plastic and cosmetic surgeon, to do your Rhinoplasty, based on price.  Prices vary based on the experience of the Rhinoplasty Surgeon and the complexity of the Rhinoplasty.  

Simply rasping down the nasal bone hump could result in an open roof deformity, so things are rarely as simple as they may seem.  Closed Rhinoplasty with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon could cost you between $8,000 to $12,000.  Have a few consultations and read my article here on "How to Choose Your Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon."  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Hump only rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to reduce the hump alone with a rhinoplasty procedure, though often the tip will change as the hump is reduced. The best way to know is computer simulation, to see how things work out. The cost can be less with a hump only procedure, though you will want a result to last a lifetime.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Dorsal Hump Reduction- Cost

+1

Often what appears to be only one thing in rhinoplasty turns out to be more complicated.  For example, rasping down a bony dorsum will result often on a flattening of the dorsum on the front view.  This will then necessitate bringing the two edges together, by "in fracturing" the nasal bones.  So, its always more complicated than it appears in the nose.  Every move has an affect on another.  Therefore, the cost of rhinoplasty in many practices is not really low if the pereceived deformity is really small.    Best Regards,

Dr Del Vecchio

rhinoplastyboston

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

There is considerable cost variability among physicians for a rhinoplasty and this also varies between different areas of the country. Furthermore, the cost would depend on exactly what would need to be done in order to provide you with a good outcome. Often, there is far more involved than you as the patient are aware of.

You should obtain a few consultations from rhinoplasty surgeons in your area and then make your decision ... and not just on price.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Cost for Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Costs vary depending on where you live, exactly what is done, and the experience of your surgeon. While cost is important to all of us, don't select your surgeon only on the basis of the surgical fee; a revision of bad work is far more expensive. 

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty will vary from region to region.  Go with a surgeon that has a good reputation and has good results.

Prices may vary depending on where you live

+1
Prices can vary for rhinoplasty depending on what part of the country youy live in. On average, rhinoplasty costs approximately five to six thousand. I strongly advise you to seek multiple consultations with different surgeons. Do not pick your surgeon based on the cheapest price. You often "get what you pay for". Look at lots of before and after pictures. Board Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery is preferred. Warmest regards. Dr. Pippin
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon