I Want to Get the Bump Removed from my Nose, but Would I Need to Reconstruct the Tip of my Nose As Well? (photo)

Working on the tip would allow your nose to get shorter and closer to your face

+2

Hi. While the hump is the most prominent feature on your nose, if it is removed and nothing else is done, you probably would feel that your nose is still too large. 

When a hump is taken off of the nose, the nose often looks longer, and your nose starts out sort of long-ish anyway. In the morph, besides lowering your hump, I also shortened your nose by raising the tip, and I brought the tip of the nose back closer to your face. 

It's not a bad thing to work on the tip. In fact, it's rare to find a nose that *only* requires work on the hump. Still, work on the tip comprises the most advanced techniques in rhinoplasty, so you must insist on seeing before and after photos of your doctor's patients who had their tips elevated or brought closer to the face, so you can see that he was able to achieve for someone else exactly what you want for yourself.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump reduction

+1

Based on review of the photos you provided, dorsal hump is most prominent feature of your nose. Dorsal hump reduction would bring desired look to your facial features. However, a complete physical examination is required to assess the tip, in majority of cases some degree of tip refinement is required to bring harmony to the nasal features. I would recommend you to have a consultation with a facial surgeon who specialized in rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

While your photos show that the hump on the bridge of your nose is the main issue with your nose, I think that some tip refinement would also be helpful to get the best result. I would perform your rhinoplasty using the closed technique, that is performing the procedure entirely from inside the nostrils.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Extent of Rhinoplasty Operation

+1

For the past 35 years I've always felt every rhinoplasty should be individualized. You can limit the surgery to just removing the hump. During consultation all alternatives should be reviewed and thoroughly explained so you understand the procedure and clarify your goals.

I Want to Get the Bump Removed from my Nose, but Would I Need to Reconstruct the Tip of my Nose As Well?

+1

When the hump is removed and the nose is narrowed a bit, you may want to have the tip refined at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Partial rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos, the nasal tip configuration is acceptable.  I agree that the hump can be lowered without touching the tip. That treatment plan is not put of the ordinary. Of course, a decision like this cannot be based solely on photos.  I hope that you understand.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

+1

Yes you would need a full rhinoplasty to be done to obtain a very good result! Best to seek IN PERSON examination from boarded docs in your city//

Rhinoplasty for pump removal and tip refinement

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure will involve shaving the nasal bump down which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Medial and lateral osteotomies  will be required to narrow the nasal bones and close the open roof deformity. A small amount of tip  refinement may be needed  which would include acephalic cartilage removal to narrow the tip. This can be all done through a closed rhinoplasty techniques. Please see the link below  for noses similar to your own that we have repaired in our rhinoplasty practice

+1

From the photos provided, the nose does have a significant dorsal hump.  This can be removed and if you are interested, the nasal tip can be further narrowed and refined at the same time as part of the Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal bump and possible tip adjustment.

+1

Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal bump and possible tip adjustment can be done to get a better looking nose. When the bump is removed the tip may appear somewhat larger and therefore needs to have a small amount removed but not a major reconstruction. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.