I want the bbl but am I a candidate even if I were to gain 20 pounds? (Photo)

Im currently 125lbs 5'4

Should I gain weight prior to Brazillian Butt Lift

+2
I would not recommend that you gain weight prior to BBL surgery.  From your pictures it is difficult to tell you how much fat would be able to be transferred.  A in-person consultation by a board certified plastic surgeon would be able to give you a better estimation.

Good luck,

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Auburn Plastic Surgeon

+1
Typically we do not suggest that people gain weight prior to Brazilian Butt Lift procedures. In order to determine if you are a good candidate for a BBL at your current weight I suggest getting a personal evaluation from a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

BBL

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

You definitely have to gain more than 20 pounds in order to have enough fat to harvest and transfer to your buttocks.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

If that is your which pictures you will need to gain about 20-25 pounds. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Candidate for BBL

+1
I do not usually encourage patients to gain weight in order to have a procedure. You are thin with a small frame, so it wouldn't take very much fat to give you a larger butt that is proportional to your figure. However, an in-person consultation is needed in order to determine if you have enough existing fat. Set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. You may also want to find a wish pic that is closer to your body frame.

German Newall, MD

BBL

+1
You look pretty thin and not sure if you have enough donor sites. I do not think your wish pick is reallistic with what you have available. A buttock implant may be necessary.

+1
From the posted pictures, you seem to be a good candidate for the procedure already, pending clinical evaluation.
It makes no sense to gain weight in preperation for BBL. This can be unhealthy. Besides, you never know where will the gained fat be stored.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Buttock fat grafting in thin patient

+1
You will need an examination by a plastic surgeon to get a specific answer.

Thin patients can in some cases have buttock fat grafting.  The improvement in buttock aesthetics is due to the subtraction of fat from around the buttocks, such as the lower back and waist.  And, the addition of fat into the buttocks.

Timothy Connall, MD

I want the bbl but am I a candidate even if I were to gain 20 pounds?

+1
    Even though you are thinner, a physical exam would be necessary to exclude you as a BBL candidate.  I have many patients who are thinner who get excellent results.