I Want Surgery Abroad? (photo)

I am in Australia but wish to leave, I have no family or career here and am planning on travelling extensively. There for am looking for the right surgeon to preform my surgery. Cost is not an issue. Quality and a surgeon that will look after me before and post are of upmost importance. I want a beautiful outcome and somewhere I can relax after the surgery for the following months. Looking at lipo of full thighs, knees, calves, ankles, abdomen. Breast augmentation and possible rhinoplasty.

I Want Surgery Abroad?

+1

I think that if you find the right surgeon, you will get safety, good judgment, prevention of complications, and great results.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures, breast augmentations, and rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Surgery and traveling

+1

If you came to NY for that type of surgery, you need very little liposuction and an augmentation. It's hard to talk about your nose and I didn't see it. You should stay around for at least a month. By then you should be more than fully healed and able to continue your travels. All of my patients have the same goals as you. That is what we try to accomplish.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Leaving for surgery?

+1

If you do, please plan on staying there for at least 3 weeks and would you be willing to return if you needed touch ups?  I personally do not appreciate your need for liposuction of your calves and possibly thighs... you have great contours already.  You can meet surgeons through SKYPE if you are comfortable with using that format and then decide on where you would like to visit.  Always know your surgeons revision policy and what it will cost for touch ups.

Curtis Wong, MD

Medical tourism

+1

Hi, surgery away from home needs a thorough research with regards to the qualifications of the surgeon, the team, the facility etc. There might be several other considerations that might go into making that decision too like the visa process, post op stay etc.The first step would be a virtual consultation with the consultant and discussing your expectations following the surgery. For patients travelling from abroad we always offer a 1-2 week stay at our clinic to make the post op as comfortable as possible. Good nursing care & pain relief in the post operative period goes a long way in the overall recovery & patient satisfaction.  

Judging from the pictures, you are a very good candidate for the procedures you have mentioned and you can expect a good result. All the best!

Sameer Karkhanis, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Surgery abroad

+1

I caution patients traveling for surgery. If you live in a specific area or will stay in the area for several weeks then it is probably ok. Good luck.

Multiple procedure

+1

Grass isn't always greener on the other side. I would first get a recommendation by a local plastic surgeon down under and consider their recommendation.  Traveling might be a good option or it might not. There are many talented and thoughtful plastic surgery close to home. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Traveling for surgery

+1

Thanks for posting your pictures . I think you are a good candidate for the procedures you want .

Be careful about calves and ankle liposuction ( you will probably discuss that with more detail on personal consultation ) . Traveling for surgery is very common these days , just make sure your surgeon is board certified in his / her country . 

You may like considering Dominican Republic as an appealing destination for your purposes.

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Off to a good start

+1

From your photos you are an excellent candidate for many of the procedures you mention.  You are off to a good start by looking for information on the internet.  I would continue your searches and if travel is possible and you can stay where you have surgery to recovery I would look for a surgeon who you think can meet your goals.  Scheduling consultations is the first step to learn about potential procedures and to see if you are a good fit with any particular surgeon.  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon