Want Very Subtle Breast Augmentation After Positive Macrolane Experience. Is 100cc or 120cc Ok?

I've had macrolane and was very happy with the temporary result from 100cc per breast. Now I'm ready to make it longer lasting with 100cc(8.9cm) or 120cc(9.4cm) implants. I've heard that such small implants can look like unnatural tennis balls. My goal is for it to be very difficult for someone to tell I've got implants. I'm 5'4, 105lb, 32A, 11.4cm, and body fat too low for fat transfer.

Small Implants under the Muscle

+1

Small implants under the muscle may be appropriate, but remember that you will need more volume when under the muscle to get that same appearance over the muscle.

Really minor augmentation

+1

While small implants do exist - they don't match the width of your ribcage well.

You might want to consider doing a fat transfer procedure instead.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Are 100cc - 125cc Breast Implants Right For Me?

+1

While such low volume silicone gel breast implants do exist and can be placed, you want to be sure that you are not choosing too small of an implant. Your Macrolane experience does strongly indicate that such small implants may be right for you however. That is a good qualifying test.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Small breast enhancements

+1

You are tiny at 5 feet 4 and 105 lbs, and it sounds like you have very little breast tissue with an A cup. Your breast width is pretty average for your size and body habitus. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with an extensive experience in breast surgery and who has a 3D Vectra system. I am very pleased with the way this system can communicate your outcome visually. If you want a small enhancement, ask to compare the differences between the moderate and the moderate-plus implant styles in the widths that are appropriate for your breasts.. Look at the widths of these; in any given "style of implant', they get wider as they get bigger in size. Consider that a lot of women wish they would have gone bigger when they go too small but also with your thin body habitus, you don't need to go too big.The sizes you are considering seem pretty small though. It is about the breast shape not just the size and such a small implant may not give you the desired shape. I would be sure to go under the muscle if you have little breast tissue at the superior part of your breast. Use a moderate-plus implant, of the appropriate width, if  you have literally "zero", breast tissue. If you have some breast shape and tissue already, than the proper width, moderate style, may do the job for your particular goals.  

David R. Stephens, MD

Small breast implants?

+1

It is difficult to suggest to you what would be best without a full exam in person.  Implants are chosen not jsut on volume but on dimensions based upon many factors related to your anatomy and goals.

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “unnatural tennis balls” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Small implants are an option for some people

+1

If all you want is a very small enlargement, then all you need is a very small implant. As long as your skin is not too tight, these implants will not look like a tennis ball, especially when placed under the muscle. Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD