I Just Want to Straighten my Profile. What Would You Recomend? Open/close Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I Just Want to Straighten my Profile. What Would You Recomend? Open/close Rhinoplasty?

Hump Reduction

+1

A hump reduction can be done using a closed approach with any incisions inside your nose so that there are no visible external scars.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best address your concerns to obtain the results you desire.

Closed rhinoplasty to straighten profile

+1

A simple hump reduction can be done through a closed rhinoplasty.  If osteotomies or tip adjustments need to be performed, they can be done through the incisions placed on the internal portion of the nose.  Open rhinoplasty is totally unnecessary for this type of nose.

Nasal profile

+1

Your photograph is of poor quality so I cannot accurately assess your needs.  However, a major component of your profile is your chin.  A small dorsum nose hump can be removed through an intra-nasal approach.  You will also need to consider a chin implant.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Open versus Closed Rhinoplasty, External versus Endonasal for Rhinoplasty

+1

I believe that the endonasal (closed) approach is always preferable whenever possible.  I think you would be a great candidate for an endonasal approach.

I think that these patients have less recovery time, less tip swelling and less numbness to contend with.

Some of the major reasons for external approach are

1.)  Revision Surgery

2.)  Assymetry of the Base of the Nose and the Defining Cartilages

3.)  Above Average Requirements for Tip Defining or Deprojection

I agree that the experience of the surgeon is probably more important for you than the surgical approach.

Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open vs closed

+1

Your goal can be accomplished by either an open or closed approach.  The skill and experience of the surgeon is more important than the approach used

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

Your photo shows a dorsal hump that could be removed using a Closed Rhinoplasty with medial and lateral osteotomies (breaking the bones).  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal beauty) for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.

Open or closed rhinoplasty

+1

It doesn't matter. You should be more concerned about the overall result you want to achieve, not the tools the doctor uses to get it. Make sure you and your surgeon are communicating well about your goal and then let him or her tell you what they think will work best in their hands to get you what you want. If you go for several consultations you'll find some surgeons comfortable with closed, others open and variations in between.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open vs Closed Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal dorsum is composed of a bony and cartilaginous component. Both components in your side view need to be reduced to optimize your appearance. The issue is resection of the appropriate amount of tissue not the technique that is used. I would recommend and experienced Surgeon for your surgery!

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Open or closed is not the question to ask for removing a bump on the nose

+1

Open or closed rhinoplasty is an approach or different means to a result. What is more important is the skill of the surgeon to achieve the results you desire. I personally use a closed approach for most of my primary rhinoplasties, but I know many wondeful surgeons who do everything open. What I suggest is see the best nose doctors you can find and let them discuss what is best for you.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Open vs Clossed Rhinoplasty to Straighten Profile

+1

Most experienced surgeons would do a closed rhinoplasty to straighten your profile. Having said that pick an experienced surgeon who has natural results, not the technique.