I want to know if I should stick to the recommended 286cc or go up to the next size....IS it 300cc? I want to be a Full C cup?

I'm 5'2" 115 lbs and wear 34B, but never actually fit into it. A's pinch me though. I REALLY want to end up with a FULL C, without spilling over into the D's. My ps has said 286 would work with my frame. I'm concerned, though, that it won't give me the FULL C. He says I have a good amt of breast tissue, but it's super saggy. I'm wondering if I should go up to the next size to be safe. But am scared they will be too big! HELP!!!

Implant size

+2

You would be fine going the next size up. If you want a full C cup, I would go with about 325 cc's. you should get some photos off the Internet or from magazines to show your surgeon what size you want to be. Good luck.

The art of breast augmentation sizing is part exam and part listening to the patient

+2

I perform over a thousand breast augmentations per year and I am part of mentors lead group which is their top 1% of breast augmentation doctors. In this group with extremely high volume practices set up for breast augmentation you find that it's important for the patient to play a role in choosing the size with the guidance of the plastic surgeon. The surgery is the easy part, the hard part is getting in the head of the patient and find what they perceive to be the ideal size and image for them and how they view themselves. With this being said I believe all patients should perform the rice test which can be found online or at least try on sizers in the plastic surgeons office. This will help you convey your expectations as every patients ideal image of themselves is different. Not to mention that a C to one person is not a C to another, as they may wear their bras differently. Also some bras gage patients larger then others. On average when you ask patients how many cc are a cup a lot is based on hight...

5 ft or under....................160-180cc per cup

5'2 to 5 foot ....................180cc - 200cc per cup

5'5 to 5'2................,.,,......200cc- 225cc per cup

5'5 to 5'8..........................225cc-250cc per cup

Taller then 5'8 most feel 250cc per cup on average

there is no absolute way but if your surgeon does not allow your opinion in the process you should get a second opinion as the likely hood of you being unhappy is higher. remember after placing over 10,000 implants I have had only one patient wish they were smaller but have had hundreds wish they had gone larger. I hope this helps as this is a very common question.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

Truthfully, no one here can give you any real help regarding what size implant will be the correct one. That requires an in person physical examination. But more importantly, I would like to touch on a few issues I see that could lead you to an unsatisfactory result.

There is no consistently accurate way to predict what cup size you'll be after breast augmentation. There are too many variables in the bra industry that make cup sizes a non-standardized unit of measure. There are even more variables in how your breast will change in size and shape due to a given implant.

When you purchase an article of clothing you need to make sure they have it in your size, otherwise it wont fit. You should think of breast implants in the same way. Your anatomy has a limit to the size of an implant that can fit comfortably within it's confines without creating significant problems that may occur shortly after surgery, or over a period of time. These problems include capsular contracture, unpredictable tissue stretch and thinning, rippling, malposition, implant palpability, and dropout. Any of these problems could lead to an unanticipated re-operation. Re-operation rates are routinely 20% in three years, and most could be averted with the proper sizing of implants.

Dimensional planning measures a few specific parameters of your breast anatomy and helps objectively guide the surgeon to a properly chosen implant. Your aesthetic goals are then factored in to influence the surgeon to possibly choose a larger device or not.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implant selection

+1

If you have decided on a volume with your surgeon and you are not sure you like it, then do a baggy test to see how they look on you. Remember, volumes do not always match cup size.

+1

The size difference between the two implants is not visually distinguishable.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I want to know if I should stick to the recommended 286cc

+1

It is impossible to answer questions about what you might look like without photos of medical quality indicating your appearance now.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I want to know if I should stick to the recommended 286cc or go up to the next size...

+1

Without at least photos, I am comfortable only answering one part of your question. The next size up from 286 is 304 cc.

The difference between the two is barely a tablespoon, likely an unnoticeable difference.

There are no standard cup size definitions. I have patients who can wear B,C and D cup bras all of which fit. Your definition of a full C may have little relationship to mine or to the manufacturers of bras. No surgeon is his or her right mind would "guarantee" a resulting cup size.

I find trying on implants is far more useful than quoting cup size.

If you have significant sagging, an implant won't solve that problem, and you should be considering a breast lift. Discuss with your surgeon.

All the best.

Baltimore breast augmentation and finding the right size

+1

I recommend placing samples of the implants into your bra to get an idea of how you'll look after surgery. Also, bring in photos of breasts that you like.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS