I Want SlimLipo Done but I'm Not Sure What a Good Competitive $ Rate Should Be for It?

I just went in for a free consultation and was quoted $3200 per area for SlimLipo in Plano TX. With lower and upper abs done, I'm looking at $6400 which was a little more than I thought. I'm curious if this is a good, competitive rate for this procedure? Note:Doc is Board Certified.Also, after reading reviews, some mentioned amenities like watching a movie during the procedure, etc. Sometimes clinics may charge more for stuff like this - his clinic was very bare and basic. No "frills".

Cost of Slim Lipo

+2

Cost of SlimLipo will depend on:

1. Experience of Surgeon

2. Facility and Anesthesia Fee-Hospital and General Anesthesia adds about $2000

2. Area of the country

The fee you were quoted is very reasonable. Be certain the doctor is experienced,  and that you will be able to tolerate local anesthesia.

I prefer the safety of a Hospital OR and the comfort of General Anesthesia for my patients

SlimLipo cost

+1

I would say the quote you received is very reasonable.  Some charge by the area and others by the overall time.  Facility fees and anesthesia can also add the cost.  Small areas may be tolerated with local anesthesia, but as you move into larger areas or volumes, your overall discomfort may be higher and you may want to consider sedation or general anesthesia.  SlimLipo is also a great way to get some additional skin tightening compared to liposuction alone and may help sway someone who is a reasonable candidate for liposuction or a tummy tuck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Cost of slim lipo

+1

If you type in Slim lipo in the search box of RealSelf.com and click Slim Lipo on the results, it will tell you what the average cost is.

If you then click on the cost, it will pull up a map of the United States and Canada with markers on various parts of the map indicated how much was paid in different locations.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

+1

I charge for Smart lipo TRIPLEX for complete abdomen $3,800 including face mask anesthesia here in MIAMI ! Seems high for local only laser lipo. 

Slim liposuction

+1

$3200 is a very inexpensive quote, it all depends if this includes the entire ordeal (anesthesia, operating room, etcetera).  I think the more important question is.. does SlimLipo really do what it claims?  My personal preference is not to do awake procedures but this raises cost.    Slim Lipo claims to tighten skin, it has never proven to do so.  Liposuction on the other hand is very effective, fortunately for SL, they work hand in hand.  Best of luck on your office procedure.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Slimlipo

+1

The rate you were quoted seems reasonable and I it is good to go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Ronald Iverson, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon