What would scars from a lip lift look like, and would I be able to get rid of them?

I have a very long space between my nose and top lip and I cringe when I look in the mirror. I am aware that I would have scars and they will probably be white (i'm very fair and all my scars are white). I want to weigh the both sides but I can't find any photos with any scars. can you tell me where I can find them?

Lip lift scars are very minimal (if well-performed), but no, you cannot "get rid of them."

+1
Upper lip elevation to decrease lip-nose distance is an excellent operation I have done several times over many years. All of my lip lift patients have the same concerns, but the scars have thus far been quite acceptably minimal once they fully heal and mature.

Honestly, I'm not even sure I have photos, but I can think of at least 3 fairly recent patients right now who have been very happy with their results, and whose scars are nearly imperceptible.

This is a local anesthesia operation, and one that I recommend in the properly-chosen and highly motivated patient. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1
Lip lift scars usually are at the base of the nose in the crease.  They fade out over time.  The results are worth the scar.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD