I Want to Get Rhinoplasty for the Tip of my Nose, What Procedure Should I Expect? (photo)

Hi, I want to get rhinoplasty, and I have been debating whether I should do it for some time. I'm afraid of anesthesia, and the thought of having to break my entire nose to fix just the tip doesn't make sense to me. I wanted to know if there was a way to define the nose tip with out breaking the bridge of the nose? What should I expect from this surgery, or what different procedures are available? Thank you for your time!

Tip Plasty only

+1

While it is possible to only perform a tip-plasty, the far majority of patients will need a full rhinoplasty to balance out the nose with itself and your facial features.  Many of our tip-plasty only patients have later realized they should have done the whole nose to make it all  match and balance.  We usually perform tip-pasty under general anesthesia for patient comfort and safety

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip rhinoplasty without a visible scar can be performed to refine the tip under local anesthesia.   There is no reason to narrow the nose or change the dorsum if you are happy with everything else.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I Want to Get Rhinoplasty for the Tip of my Nose, What Procedure Should I Expect?

+1

Interesting way to ask if you need a tip rhinoplasty or full rhinoplasty. Best to be seen in person by a board surgeon in your city. posting only one view frontal is really of little aid. Sure you can just correct the bulbous tip but that might put the rest of your nasal value out of balance. The nose is decided into 3 aesthetic zones, upper, mid, lower. So if ONLY changing the lower tip zone the other areas might appear more prominent. Thus that is why in person examinations are so critical to you achieving the result you desire. 

Refining the nasal tip

+1

It is possible to perform only tip work. If this is the case, the nasal bones would not be broken (osteotomies). However, it important to take the entire face into consideration when performing a rhinoplasty. Ideally, the final outcome is a natural looking result that complements your face and enhances your facial features. There are many techniques now that make it possible to obtain a natural outcome, and it is essential that you choose an experienced and board certified specialist to perform the surgery. Computer imaging software is a fantastic tool that allows the surgeon to morph a photo and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. It also serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your  prospective surgeon. During a consult, the surgeon will  be able to advise you on whether any additional work would be necessary to give you the best possible result. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Tip Plasty for the bulbous tip.

+1

This can be done without any other part of a rhinoplasty IF after doing only this the nose will be balanced.  I would need to see better views of your nose. 

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, sometimes a tip rhinoplasty is all that a patient requires. However, an exam in person is essential to better determine what you exactly need.

+1

It is difficult to make only tip surgery, because when you reduce the volume of the tip, other part of loose balance.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Es poco probable hacer  solo cirugia de la punta nasal, porque una vez que se reduce el volumen de la misma, el resto necesita correccion, para mantener el balance.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon