I Want a Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty. More Cost Effective to Do All At Once Or Separate? Pros & Cons? (photo)

I wanted to know the cost(weather together or seperate is more beneficial) and pros/cons for the operation. Any info would be helpful.

Rhinoplasty Info

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos but the way they were taken (angles, quality and the blackened areas) does not show your facial features completely hence it is not possible to provide you with a solid advise.

Also, you are not clear with what you like to accomplish from your surgery.

Nonetheless, I can see that your nasal bump is one of the aspects that your surgery will address as well as narrowing of your nose that should be approached conservatively considering the oblong facial shape you have.

So, without an in-person evaluation/examination it is hard to extrapolate further on solid bases.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery (especially it is of a delicate nature) and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

More cost effective to have rhinoplasty and otoplasty done together than separately

+1

It is always less expensive to perform multiple procedures simultaneously than to perform them separately due to the cost of the operating room and anesthesia.  It is certainly acceptable to perform a rhinoplasty and otoplasty at the same time.

Combining rhinoplasty with otoplasty.

+1

Combining rhinoplasty with otoplaasty has the following advantages:

• lower surgical cost overall.
  • 1 recovery period versus 2.
  • you will be subjected only once to anesthesia and its attendant risks.

There are no disadvantages.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty Combination

+1

While each office has different pricing structures, there is generally an anesthesia and facility savings by doing procedures together. The greater benefits of combining the procedures are that you will be undergoing one recovery for both procedures and will be under general anesthesia for your one time. The negative is that your anesthesia time for the combination will be extended. Consult with 2 - 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Rhinoplasty and otoplasty performed during one surgery

+1

It is more cost effective to have both procedures performed during the same surgery.  The pros associated with having both procedures performed together are that you will only have to undergo one recovery, the overall cost will be lower due to the fact that you are in the operating room once, and each follow up appointment can address both procedures so you will save time. The only small con associated with having both procedures performed together is that you will be in the operating room longer, making it slightly more stressful on the body.  Overall, it is best to have the procedures performed together, and it appears you may obtain a fantastic result from the surgery.  Thank you and best of luck!

I Want a Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty. More Cost Effective to Do All At Once Or Separate? Pros & Cons?

+1

It's typically more cost effective to have both procedures done at one time.  The OR and Anesthesia costs as well as Surgeons cost are usually reduced when done together.  This should however always be secondary IMHO.  

If you know that you want both Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty at this time, then yes you should consider having them together because of the reduced cost, combined healing and safety of one anesthetic versus two.  If you're not sure you want both, than do not use cost reduction as a way of convincing yourself to have surgery.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty at the same time

+1

It is definitley more cost-effective to perform the rhinoplasty and otoplasty at the same time.

In my practice, there is usually a significant discount (approximately 20%) for the second surgery (the less expensive one of the two), but more importantly, you will have significant savings on the O.R. (facility) and anesthesia costs.   The "start-up" costs for a aesthetic procedure to start an operation are more significant than simply adding on time to a procedure that is just completed.   As long as the two procedures are safe to do together (which these two are), then it certainly is to your benefit.   Finally, there is only one recovery for you, which allows you to only take one period of time off from work.

+1

Combining operations is more cost effective in the supplies are for the combination vs opening two sets of supplies. Vs longer anesthesia time, more swelling in combo operations. Just to name a few. Best to discuss in person with a boarded surgeon in your area. 

Rhinoplasty and otoplasty in one surgery: pro's and con's

+1

I'll make it simple for you by giving you pro's and con's of combining rhinoplasty and otoplasty in one surgery and you will then have to make your own decision.

Pro's:

1. One anesthesia

2. One trip to the hospital

3. One recovery as opposed to two separate recovery times (taking time from school/ work/ activities)

4. Usually cheaper to combine: most surgeons usually offer some discount for multiple procedures plus the facility fee is likely to be cheaper for one longer surgery then for two shorter ones.

Con's:  only cost (which is not quite a con if you are set to have both rhinoplasty and otoplasty eventually anyway)

Looking at your photos, you would definitely benefit from both.  Your chin is also lacking the projection (looks small on the profile view) which makes the nose look bigger proportionally.  Consider chin implant surgery at the same time to cover all the bases.  Good luck

Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty Done Together

+1

Doing a rhinoplasty and otoplasty together will be less expensive, safer because you have only one procedure, and easier because you have only one recovery. Contact my office for the cost.