I Want to Have a Revison Rhinoplasty Done Because I Don't Like my Bridge, I Feel Too Much Was Taken Down? (photo)

Can I do it now? I'm 24 years old and pretty healthy so I feel I healed quick in my rhinoplasty. I didn't even have bruising and had little swelling and it will be 4 months now since the surgery. I wish I had more of a bridge the bottom part of the bridge by the tip seems good. If I had septo/rhinoplasty can septal cartidlidge still be used to build up the bridge again? Or when you do a septo rhino is the bridge completely gone? Can they use the ear for the bridge to help if septum isnt enough?

I Want to Have a Revison Rhinoplasty Done Because I Don't Like my Bridge, I Feel Too Much Was Taken Down?

+1
Great question. The simple answer is “yes” cartilage can be used to build up your nasal dorsum. That cartilage can be taken from many places including your septum, ear or even rib. Depending on what your surgeon did during the first surgery, there might or might not be septum left over to harvest cartilage from. However, although your pictures are suboptimal, it seems like your supratip area (the area just above your nasal tip along the bridge) might be a little bit full and rather than augment the dorsum higher up along the bridge, that supratip area may be taken down slightly to achieve a nice ‘supratip break’ which is a desirable feature. Again, I want to reiterate that the pictures are suboptimal and you should be seen by your surgeon to determine that. Also, at 4 months, it is too early to be entertaining any revision rhinoplasty. We generally like to wait a minimum of one year before doing so because the nose will continue to change over that timeframe and even past the one-year mark. Also, the tip is the area that is last to reach its final appearance and holds on to swelling the longest. What you are seeing in that area may be swelling that might resolve over the next 8 months to a year. I would give it more time and go see your surgeon to discuss the issue. Good luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   I would wait another 6 months and then find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weak Nasal Bridge after Rhinoplasty

+1

After waiting another 6-8 months you can augment the depressed bridge with cartilage grafts harvested from your septum or ears so you can can restore a strong, defined male profile. Unfortunately this is a problem I frequently see when patients, both male and female, consult  regarding revision surgery.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to wait around one year before having revision work performed. Swelling can interfere with the surgeon's ability to do his or her best job. To build the nasal dorsum, I like to use finely diced cartilage wrapped in deep temporalis fascia. The cartilage is placed in the fascia like a burrito, and will give the nose a natural and aesthetically pleasing look. I would recommend communicating any concerns to your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Revision of rhinoplasty

+1

I think it is too early to consider revision rhinoplasty.

My advise when the time is right (usually 9 months) is to try a soft tissue filler to augment the part of the nose you think needs more volume. This is quicker, cheaper than a revision rhinoplasty.

The filler lasts around a year.

Good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery?

+1

It is too early to do any type of nasal revision. I would recommend waiting a year from surgery to let everything settle down. If you still wanted to have the bridge built up it could be done with cartilage from the septum or ear. Be patient.

Ronald Schuster, MD