I Really Want a Revision Rhinoplasty To Restore My Look To Before Primary Surgery, Is This Possible?

I got a reduction rhinoplasty 2.5 years ago. The doctor and I miscommunicated because I feel my nose was over-reduced leaving it thinner than any nose I have ever seen on a male. I was happy with my nose before swelling went down - right when the cast was taken off. My question is would it be possible to restore something similar to the initial result when it was swollen. I took pictures 1 month after operation (when I liked it) so I could use this to help aid the revision rhinoplasty.

Revision rhinoplasty to restore original nasal aesthetics.

+2

If the primary rhinoplasty has resulted in a substantially altered form it will be very challenging to restore all of the features that were modified following a reduction rhinoplasty.  On the other hand, significant changes in 2 or 3 key aesthetics are possible which can produce a final result closer to the original nasal appearance.  This is particularly true in the nasal bridge where cartilage and fascia grafting can be used to increase width and projection.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC. 

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restore look of nose to initial one month result

+1

It may be possible to rebuild the nose to achieve a look similar to your early result. Having photos of your nose from that time would certainly help. You should find an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your options with.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Unhappy After Rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is more difficult and you should therefore find a Board Certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in  this field.

Cartilage grafts, fascia grafts, and filler materials can all be used to augment the over-resected nose. The good news is that you have not complained about breathing problems, so the cosmetic correction should be fairly straighforward.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1

Sadly no.  The shape and size of your old nose is most likely lost and gone forever IMHO and chasing after it won't bring it back.  I perform quite a bit of Revision Rhinoplasty and I advise prospective patients to consider Revision Rhinoplasty as a means of making the nose they have right now, more naturally attractive by following the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes it is possible to improve on the narrowed nose, especially if the increase needed is above the tip.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to suggest that what you desire can be achieved.  Good luck.