Want to Replace my 9 Year Old Mentor Saline Implants with Smaller Silicone Implants? (photo)

My implants are Mentor Moderate (270 filled to 300 & 300 filled to 330). No issues with them, but I feel they are too big & fake looking. Want Natural & Less Full, Smaller Advise? I want a natural looking B cup. I am 5'4", 118 lbs. No weight gain since last ones & no pregnancies. I am wider between. My surgeon suggested Naturelle 286 Silicone on both sides with a little inner lifting. He wants to deflate my saline implants a few weeks before surgery. I am worried these will still be too big. Advise?

Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

I agree with you that you need smaller implants.  However, going down to 286 will not be sufficient.  You would benefit from a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision, it is possible to lift your breasts higher, move them more medial to increase cleavage, reshape the breasts and placed a smaller implant retro-pectoral to achieve you desired result.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Reducing implants,, natural , smaller

+1

consider implants 225-250 cc.  you can try shaped silicone implants that will be fuller on the bottom to give a more natural shape

they will be less round.. moving the areolas can be done as a second step under local

Reduce your implants 100 cc to see a difference

+1

If you really would like to be smaller, a visible difference will require a reduction of 75 to 100cc. The 'inner' lifting just will not happen as the implant must be centered under the nipple. We suggest a lower profile implant to take up the widest footprint on your chest.

Want to Replace my 9 Year Old Mentor Saline Implants with Smaller Silicone Implants?

+1

Very good surgical plan in my opinion. But seek second in person opinions if you are so unsure as to size. I believe the size decrease is a good one. 

+1

Going to smaller silicone gel implants should give you a more natural look...the question is, how much smaller.  If you only going down to what is on one side 14cc, and on the other 44 cc, this may not be enough for you to feel that your breasts are much smaller.  A 25 cc decrease is just barely noticeable, 50cc more so, 75cc significant.  I generally do not deflate the saline implants before surgery unless I am doing a lift and need to make the pre-operative markings more symmetrical, but if your surgeon is going to deflate your implants you may then have the opportunity to try sizers on in a stretch bra and get a better idea what size you feel comfortable with.  I am not sure what you mean by an inner lift, since you do not have sagging and are not in need of a breast lift, though perhaps your surgeon is planning on doing some internal suturing of your capsule to raise the implant position (though this does not strike me as necessary either).

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Implant reduction

+1

If you want a significant reduction you probably need at least 75-100 cc removal to drop it a 1/2 cup or so.  An exam in person is key.

Replacing saline breast implants with smaller silicone implants

+1

I usually have my patients try on breast implants in a bra prior to the surgery.  I believe this is still one of the best ways to determine what size and shape implant a patient might like.  If this is not possible due to having already undergone breast augmentation, you could ask your surgeon to show you implants of of both the size/shape you presently have and the ones your are considering.   If your surgeon is planning to deflate the saline implants, then it may still give you time to try on the silicone implants, prior to your surgery.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Exchange

+1

Dear Roo,

Your plan for breast implant replacement to silicone gel is a reasonable one.  The type of gel implant used (Mentor,Allergan,Sientra) is basically surgeon's dealer choice.  The concept of deflating the implants a few weeks before exchange allows the skin to contract somewhat and theoretically avoid the need for a breast lift when exchanging to a smaller implant.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Deflating Saline Implants Ahead May Allow For Better Visualization Of Silicone Implant In Bra For Sizing

+1

I believe that deflating your saline implants ahead of time is a good idea for you. In addition to allowing your skin to retract somewhat, deflation ahead of time has the added benefit of giving you a chance to "try on" the smaller silicone implants inside of a bra ahead of time.

Marshall T. Partington, MD, FACS