I Want to Repair a Crooked Nose, but I Have Natural Facial Asymmetry with Eyes, Jaws, Etc?

The most glaring asymmetry is my nose and I am considering a consultation for rhinoplasty, but just wondered if fixing my nose is going to cause the rest of my face to seem more out of balance than it already is. my nose curves over toward the left. I have never had it broken or any nasal trauma. I do not want to have to rearrange my whole face, just have a little less defect to my nose. Do surgeons have software that allows them to give a patient an idea of how they can look?

+1

Every face has some degree of asymmetry, so fixing a crooked nose with Rhinoplasty would only improve ones appearance.

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose and facial asymmetry

+1

Facial asymmetry does create additional challenges during the rhinoplasty procedure. To straighten  a crooked nose, asymmetrical  osteotomies can be performed in addition to a unilateral spreader graft on the concave side. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available website for you to try on the link below

Fixing a crooked nose

+1

Facial asymmetry is quite common, as is ASAP asymmetry. Often, nasal asymmetry can be improved, but if it is considerable, perfect symmetry is very difficult to achieve.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Computer imaging is a good way to see the effects of rhinoplasty on the face is a whole.

+1

Changes to the shape of the nose can indeed affect the appearance of the entire face. Preoperative video imaging is a good way to see what those effects might be.

Rhinoplasty and Prediction Imaging

+1

This is exactly the value of computer predicted facial imaging. It can show whether having a rhinoplasty will worsen or improve the asymmetry throughout the rest of your face. It can also show what other areas of your face may benefit from improvement if you have a rhinoplasty.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Restoring facial balance with a rhinoplasty

+1

Computer generated imaging would be ideal for someone who wants to see what their nose would look like after surgery.  In most instances a rhinoplasty will restore balance to the face and not the other way around

Managing facial asymmetry

+1

Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry.  The goal of most facial surgeries is to restore balance and harmony to the facial features.  A personal consultation with and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is your best starting point.  Imaging can be very helpful in demonstrating possible results.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

+1
Facial asymmetry is present in everybody. More so in some than others. A consultation with an experience surgeon is the first step. There are ways to perform rhinoplasty that can camouflage the deviation and actually reduce the appearance of asymmetry.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal deformity

+1

To evaluate your facial asymmetry and nasal deformity it is best to be seen in person. I personally do not use computer imaging to morph photos.  

Morphing software can help you see what changes rhinoplasty will bring to your face

+1

When it comes to rhinoplasty, I would highly recommend finding a surgeon who can show you the changes they expect to see with your surgery and how it will change the overall appearance of your face by using morphing software. It is a good tool for discussing and coming to the same conclusion with your surgeon about your expectations.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD