I Want to Remove the Hump on my Nose, I'm Just Scared of the Final Results. Is my Nose Complicated to Improve? (photo)

I just don't want to end up getting the surgery and regretting it later. I want to be 100% sure before taking the plunge.

Removing Dorsal Hump On Nose With Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. The dorsal of your nose can easily be reduced by a board certified plastic surgeon. To ensure the best results, meet with multiple experienced surgeons and choose the one that you trust the most. The website below will give you an idea of what can be done with rhinoplasty.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to improvement in the appearance of your nose.

+1

On front view, you appear to have a wide nose, and on profile, you appear to have a hump and a slight "tension lip". These issues may be improved with well-performed nose job surgery. In that regard, you may wish to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Want to Remove the Hump on my Nose, I'm Just Scared of the Final Results. Is my Nose Complicated to Improve?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for 25 years and aesthetically speaking, the nose has a dorsal hump and a wide nasal tip.  The chin is also weak and this makes the nose appear to be even more top heavy than it really is.

For an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon, that understands and follows the proper aetshetics of facial and nasal beauty...this is a Closed Rhinoplasty of moderate difficulty however, like life in general there are no 100% guarantees and no good Rhinoplasty Surgeon will give you one.  IMHO, select your surgeon based on his/her aesthetic judgement and then you will need to take a leap of faith.  Until you are ready to accept that fact, IMO, you are not a suitable surgical candidate.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your concerns are valid but your nose is no more complicated than the average rhinoplasty patient. If you select your surgeon carefully and follow their instructions you should not regret the surgery. There a innumerable happy rhinoplasty patients all around the world.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty to straighten the nose and refinement of the tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty to straighten the nose and refinement of the tip will give you a very good nose IF you go to a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does the natural kind of noses that I and my patients like. Meet with live patients and not imaging since imaging is not real surgical results.

+1

You are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty to reduce the bump on the bridge of your nose. To bring your nose into better balance you might also want to consider a small chin implant. Rhinoplasty is a challenging surgery. You should seek a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with alot of experience and alot of their own patient photos for you to review. You can also consider having your surgeon "morph" your pre-operative images to ensure that both of you are seeking the same sort of result. Many offices, including mine, will perform this service as part of the consultation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very reasonable nose and very reasonable thoughts

+1

Based on your photos you look like you have a standard hump on your nose.  There is nothing I see that makes a rhinoplasty particularly challenging in your case.  You could have a rhinoplasty and expect a very nice natural result that will match the rest of your face very well.  Having said that, no one can guarantee a result.  You should meet with a couple surgeons in your area who do a lot of rhinoplasty and talk to any of your friends who have had surgery.  Some surgeons can do digital imaging in their office, like doing the surgery on the computer.  This can give a pretty good idea of what to expect in a final result.  Imaging helps get you and your surgeon on the same page as far as expectations and helps your surgeon plan the operation.  You may consider doing some imaging as it might help you make the decision of whether or not surgery is for you.  

Farzad R. Nahai, MD